Silverstone Camping - Bottles

Andy_R

• Glass: ALL glass bottles will be removed and disposed of by campsite staff on arrival or if seen on-site.

Just noticed this on the Do's & Dont's section of the Woodlands camping. Apologies if this has been mentioned before in a previous post but how strict are they on this?

I was planning on bringing wine & beer with me but if this happens I'll need to get creative with how I transport my beverages :cry:

On a sepperate topic, I poured my beer out into a glass in the tent last year, I've got a quite reasonable camping type plastic beer "glass". 

I kept all empties tidily bagged up in the tent too, and only through them away as I was leaving. I didn't particularly see anyone having an issue, but I don't recall seeing anyone with bottles either, really. 

I had a case of bottles last year nobody checked. But will be taking cans this time just in case!

1 hour ago, RussH said:

Cans. 

lots of :d

• Like 1

My lovely wife just went out and replaced the bottles for cans ... so it's just the wine I need to sort out now :d

8 hours ago, Andy_R said:

My lovely wife just went out and replaced the bottles for cans ... so it's just the wine I need to sort out now :d

The Pinot Griot in 2.25l boxes from Sainsbury's, both regular and blush, is surprisingly drinkable - we've had that at the Stoneleigh post-AGM BBQ the last two years and it went down well.  About £12.75 per 2.25l box.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

The Pinot Griot in 2.25l boxes from Sainsbury's, both regular and blush, is surprisingly drinkable - we've had that at the Stoneleigh post-AGM BBQ the last two years and it went down well.  About £12.75 per 2.25l box.

Thanks for the recommendation ... I'm meeting Robin early evening to travel down in convoy and it just so happens I will pass a Sainsbury's! Will make a stop and will try and find space to fit it in the car :-)