A modern take on the 7

Sparkymart

The perfect Seven for Batman or Judge Dredd...

The styling queues are there, you can see it was Seven inspired and I suspect also inspired by a bit of combustible herbage..

I would love to own one as well as an old school Westie.

Totally different cars, I bet you this one even has a brake servo..! And its not a friendly looking little thing is it?

This is the sort of thing that the Neds in their Max Power toys would try to race instead of leaning out the window and asking "did you build that"

One thing Mr Grumpy beats it on, its door is less than 1kg. Mr Grumpies doors are 0kg, he doesnt have any. So a Top Trumps win there...

But got to love anything that is bonkers motoring :t-up:

Everything about the car is fantastic, including the price, which for the base car is £150k.  However, there are lots and lots of desirable option to bulk the price up.

1 hour ago, CraigHew said:

Everything about the car is fantastic, including the price, which for the base car is £150k.  However, there are lots and lots of desirable option to bulk the price up.

Wow ...I wouldn't have thought you could have got much more on it ,I really love the dash controls on the wheel I wonder if I could do that for my dash 2

The car is nice, but the presenter? Urggh! He's like an inarticulate teenager. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

The car is nice, but the presenter? Urggh! He's like an inarticulate teenager. 

Agreed on both counts, I do really like the Donkys, they're not really Sevens as such anymore, but huge fun for what they are and so well thought out, with the way the original Seven platform has been developed over the years and evolved.

On the other hand, the rather excitable chap behind the wheel demonstrates ably a. Just how hard being a good presenter with a naturalistic style really is and b. Even if you were a good presenter, just how hard simultaneously presenting and driving is!

Still, back to the cars, marmite styling aside, they have really clever touches, like doors that have proper hinges, all nicely integrated into the scuttle and windscreen frame, so they open decently, close properly and have a decent semblance at least of weather seals. Yet at the same time, on the other models at least, if you want the more classic seven style fully open motoring, the glazed top portions of the doors are removable, leaving, effectively, built in half-doors!

Equally, because the body had been designed for it, you can have anything from a half hood, through full hood, to a properly integrated hard top.

And they have, or have had in the past, race pedigree too. But oh, so expensive :down:

PS, that presenter was still better than Chris Evans :p

:getmecoat:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

PS, that presenter was still better than Chris Evans :p

:getmecoat:

I am better than Chris Evans - and a lot cheaper too! :d

• Like 4

:laugh:

I liked the push button bonnet fixings.

I'm guessing they're bespoke unless anyone knows different?

I'm not sure, I've not seen anything like that before, but they also have the look of something that's been borrowed from a completely different industry.

28 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

I liked the push button bonnet fixings.

I'm guessing they're bespoke unless anyone knows different?

Yeah I really like the bonnet lock's I've had a quick goggle but not come up with anything like them yet . Also the doors that you can Just shut without spending 5 minutes trying to attach the popper something else I've been trying to sort out since owning mine

Just very glad I saved over £130k by getting my Westie instead of a  Donkervoort as it means I can live in a house and not the car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

I am better than Chris Evans - and a lot cheaper too! :d

To be honest my :arse: would be better than Chris Evans... But it is more expensive...

10 hours ago, John K said:

To be honest my :arse: would be better than Chris Evans... But it is more expensive...

I think we have plumbed new depths there Mr. K :d