A modern take on the 7

Sparkymart

Unfortunately I was having a Guinness when I got home from the pub last night and started reading the link ,I made a right mess of the kitchen when I read Nicks post about putting the switches and gauges in his mouth ... Guinness sprayed everywhere

But what a change in the forum ,for the better I must add

16 minutes ago, Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO said:

what a change in the forum ,for the better I must add

So true. Funny line aside, it struck me out how there were no winners in that thread, and that the club as a whole lost out.

16 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

So true. Funny line aside, it struck me out how there were no winners in that thread, and that the club as a whole lost out.

Which, for reference purposes, is a really good reason to keep the link

At least the club has learnt from the past and made the change I've been on to many sites that are like our old one and unless you're in the "click" I can be an intimidating place to be and people Just dont stay

1 minute ago, CraigHew said:

Which, for reference purposes, is a really good reason to keep the link

Thank you.

In the light of day, the following morning, I very nearly self-censored myself, (purely in the regular club member sense, nothing to do with moderation), but I had exactly that thought. It stands as a good example of how not to do things, and as an example of the sort of free for all that results when certain attitudes/behaviors are allowed to flourish. Down the pub, or over a pint at Stoneleigh etc, where everyone is face to face, things are different. (Mind you, even then, some of the things that used to go on would have seen you "called out".)