Is it just me? FW rear.

MK11

Yes the Sport Turbo is available in this country, (well unless any things changed recently it was, anyway!) in fact there's actually U.K. Only version too, that looses some of the Euro sales compliance, but gets a power upgrade.

Clicky

The FW, I forget exactly when it appeared, mid 2000's from memory, around 2005 give or take a year or two.

I think the fw was released in 2004, I remember seeing it a Stoneleigh while I was building my first car.

Dave.

The sport turbo on the Westfield site is L/H drive and I can't find any details anywhere of a UK version.

6 minutes ago, Cider King said:

Dave.

The sport turbo on the Westfield site is L/H drive and I can't find any details anywhere of a UK version.

No but it does say this in Dave's link.

We also have a UK only version that is supplied without the need for European requirements, the Sport Turbo UK200 delivers 205BHP and is available for UK and non EU customers only.

:d get the magnifying glass out, as Andy said, it's there on that page! 

You could buy either the Euro version, in right hand drive, or a U.K. Only version.

My understanding, but it's ages since I saw the details, was that the U.K. Version did with out some of the twiddly bits required for Type Approval for sale in Continental Europe, and had a (Courtney?) tuning chip factory fitted/flashed or whatever in the ecu, taking it up to just over 200 bhp.

1 hour ago, Sycho said:

I think the fw was released in 2004, I remember seeing it a Stoneleigh while I was building my first car.

Believe it or not the first one appeared in a car magazine for review early 1999.

2 minutes ago, Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

Believe it or not the first one appeared in a car magazine for review early 1999.

Was that the FW car? Not the bodywork as we know it now.

I think that that is the joy of the Westfield cars. it makes them individual , rather than clicky like Caterhams. We can have FW rears or not, V8 bonnets or not ( engine dependant that is) , half a colour and half another, wide track or not ( flappy large wing dependant :d). It means you can buy as you wish. I prefer this idea , as it follows on with other things in the car to personalise, whether its orange seats or different dashes !! For one person to not like something , like the FW rear end, there are others that prefer it. Having had both now, other than the wally FW hood, I prefer the FW, as I think it refreshes the '7' shape for the future, although some want the older look. 

Sorry, yes the FW 400. 

Ive fell off topic a bit. ???

Maybe I shouldn't comment but I rally liked the 1998 FW and the more recent versions....but...me no like this new one sorry

I'm not to keen on the FW rear I like the front though