Who makes custom ignition leads

Phil J

I am in the process of fuel injecting my crossflow including ECU control of the ignition. I am using a Ford Focus (second generation) coil pack and need some ignition leads. I think the standard focus leads will look wrong with their long rubber boots for the spark plug end as crossflow plugs just stick out of the head at jaunty angles not buried under plastic covers.

I need leads with generation two coil pack ends and suitable plug caps at the spark plug ends.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Phil

44 minutes ago, bunje said:

Magnecor do custom sets but aren't cheap. Or theres someone @CosKev used recently 

Thanks, I found CosKev's post and  tracked down Mr Retro plug leads and fired off an email.

• Like 1

I had a set made by Magnecor when I converted my xflow to ECU and Ford coil pack. I found them very easy to deal with and the quality was excellent. They even include cable management clips in the price.

To measure up, I purchased some clear plastic tube off eBay and cut it to length so that I could mock it up correctly and be sure that I was ordering the correct length before placing the order. Worked well for me.

i have had excellent service and quality from magnecor.

it was a long time ago but bought the kv85 ones and they lasted longer than i kept the engine (at least 10 years). When I broke one through my own idiocy they only charged me £12 for a single one to replace and delivered it next day. Underbonnet heat on a 5.0 litre v8 with internal underslung exhaust meant they coped very well indeed.

Cheers Jon

Think I paid about £64 for a custom set to suit a ford coil pack to mx5 plugs from magnecor

These were the red ones (race spec or something)

I'll have the invoice somewhere

Just an update, after a telephone conversation and an exchange of emails I have just ordered a set of leads from afitchett@hotmail.com who trades on eBay as Mr retro plug leads.

The total cost delivered, made in high grade 8mm yellow cable to my specifications of length, terminal type and angles was £35. 

I will post a picture and my thoughts when they arrive.

• Like 2