Snetterton 300 20th September 2017 - Javelin Trackdays

Kevin (Mr T)

1 hour ago, darve said:

@Kit Car Electronics @Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO

looks like I've just ordered an oil cooler as linked to by Mr Mike...... to be delivered tomorrow hopefully.....

Great, sure that'll sort your hot water out. I'll post some photos later of my mounting location

Now Dave is sorted, just a quick bump to the fact that I am looking for a large full face helmet to borrow, if anyone has one? :)

58 minutes ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO said:

Now Dave is sorted, just a quick bump to the fact that I am looking for a large full face helmet to borrow, if anyone has one? :)

Sorry for my thread drift :getmecoat:

Need to get me jerry cans from @SootySport

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, darve said:

Sorry for my thread drift :getmecoat:

Need to get me jerry cans from @SootySport

If it allows you to participate, drift as much as you like!

Can bring them to North Weald on Sunday or you can collect anytime from my Gaff,  I'm on leave now but going to Tenerife next Wednesday.

15 minutes ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO said:

drift as much as you like!

generally my driving style :white-westy:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SootySport said:

Can bring them to North Weald on Sunday or you can collect anytime from my Gaff,  I'm on leave now but going to Tenerife next Wednesday.

I'll come up with a plan tonight :yes:

I mounted mine here with rivnuts to the front of the chassis. I used some rubber hose on the bolts to give it a bit of compliance:

IMG_20150730_070426546_zpsnoxqtaz5.thumb.jpg.36ffeacc85ab28bcda0b8bec60fce408.jpg

IMG_20150728_201937391_HDR_zpsmaeiis8r.thumb.jpg.acfad7bd2fa0471f47b66ca91bd09711.jpg

IMG_20150731_212700863_zpsw3ci5bzd.jpg

IMG_20150731_212736543_zpsl4mifim5.jpg

Made a start today. General strip down getting inlet manifold and other stuff out the way

Got the sandwich plate on and a few other odd jobs

Need to mount the cooler, make the lines then put it all back together

Think I should try and get some time in during the week (no electric in garage at the moment so light is an issue)

Hi all 

So last weeks trackday didn't end as expected,

I'm a bit gutted as I wanted to make the 20th but I suppose there's always next year. I'll try and pop along anyway to say hello.

• Like 1

It was the cars first outing. It's covered about 600 miles on the road since a rebuild and was run in exactly as the engine builder advised.

It hadn't missed a beat all evening and was probably one of the quickest cars on track. coming down the back straight something let go, it was still running fine with ok oil pressure and temps so I limped it back. I thought it was a pipe split or something like that but after looking at it last night I believe it's an internal issue. 

And to make it worse I found the moment it happened on someone's video on YouTube 

It's at 42mins

funny thing is he thinks I killed it trying to get past him.

It was fun while it lasted 

11 minutes ago, hu7ch said:

It was the cars first outing. It's covered about 600 miles on the road since a rebuild and was run in exactly as the engine builder advised.

It hadn't missed a beat all evening and was probably one of the quickest cars on track. coming down the back straight something let go, it was still running fine with ok oil pressure and temps so I limped it back. I thought it was a pipe split or something like that but after looking at it last night I believe it's an internal issue. 

And to make it worse I found the moment it happened on someone's video on YouTube 

It's at 42mins

funny thing is he thinks I killed it trying to get past him.

It was fun while it lasted 

What a :arse:mer!

Oil cooler fitted and car back together earlier today

Need to check weather and book

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darve said:

Oil cooler fitted and car back together earlier today

Need to check weather and book

Weather looks OK!