Is it wrong to love top quality nuts and bolts?

andy665

Just ordered a new carbon fibre aeroscreen from Carbon-NV and stumbled across a great website for sourcing fixings, nuts and bolts etc

Ordered a set of cross drilled titanium nuts, bolts and washers - not exactly cheaper but absolute wonderful quality and satisfy by inner geekiness - can see me starting to go through the car and replacing all that is visible - will not be cheap but oh the joy of everything being this kind of quality

www.pro-bolt.com

tihx10racespec.jpg

• Like 3

Yes I know of this site too, ordered some nice anodized stuff from here. Its a steep and dangerous path you are embarking on leading to pleasure and financial pain.....:d

Don't think it's wrong to love them  :laugh: ...they are just expensive....

Just make sure you're aware of the potential issues with a Titanium bolts if using them structurally. (Essentially look after them and dong get them mangled up, titanium (yum) is a lovely material, (sad I know) but quite notch sensitive.

Titanium in a V8 engined car, isn't there a touch of irony there?

Now I used to build high end road bicycles as a side-line, every gram counted to get down to what was then the holy grail of 16lb all up weight, people paid more for less! I even used to tell people they'll be faster by losing weight off them, but unfortunately blinging it with carbon and titanium at the coffee stop whilst shovelling cake down their gullets was more important, but hey if that what you want to spend your money on go for it !  :d

• Like 1

I bought a nice titanium bolt to replace a vtec pressure sensor , so actually saved the weight of the sensor and I dont like things hanging off engines not connected and saved a decent 40 grammes or so............. and its shiny......... 

20170317_132521_001.thumb.jpg.a9b52e1179c9baae3457cf351f86fe27.jpg

• Like 1