And in popular culture, a new Dr Who is announced!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

The BBC have missed the opportunity to get it right, they needed to chose a Labour supporting,  Black lesbian with a disability to tick all the boxes that they have to fill.

Will they never get it right

11 minutes ago, jeff oakley said:

The BBC have missed the opportunity to get it right, they needed to chose a Labour supporting,  Black lesbian with a disability to tick all the boxes that they have to fill.

Will they never get it right

You missed "Prius driving" from the list...

People who accept a shape-shifting, time-travelling immortal character unable to accept a female lead in a fantasy television show - go figure. Whatever next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?

/sarcasm mode off
//overdue
/
\
/the mark of Slasho

• Like 1

It's been so highly telegraphed for a couple of years now by Moffat that I wasn't at all surprised, though I've never heard of the actor they picked, I was disappointed it was one of the couple of "genre" actresses I'd hoped they might go for.

Still, as long as the script is good and the the actor is good, anything can be made to work!

Was it "necessary", no, not really. But I am really looking forward to where they go with it!

Loads of room in that TARDIS for shoes, too 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Loads of room in that TARDIS for shoes, too 

I'm sorry, but that was priceless... :t-up::yes:

So wrong, it went through wrongness and out the otherside to become so right...

I told the missus that the new Dr would "probably be a Muslim lesbian with one leg" (having a Clarkson moment), so i'm actually quite impressed that the BBC haven't gone full on PC, but I guess they've already covered those minorities in previous episodes of the show, I think all we're missing is migrant children that look like adults............

I do like Dr Who, but I also like to see at least some historical accuracy in certain plots/stories, it would make the show much more immersive.

I just wish the beeb would separate their political agenda from their TV productions.

The BBC were told to publish salaries as their wages bill had rocketed to over £1 Billion. Within hours of the new Drs appointment she was promised her salary ( presumable much lower ) would match the £250,000.00 of the previous Dr.

This bizarre organisation now promising to match male and female pay has set a standard which they have yet to understand. 

On 7/22/2017 at 14:20, iain m said:

The BBC were told to publish salaries as their wages bill had rocketed to over £1 Billion. Within hours of the new Drs appointment she was promised her salary ( presumable much lower ) would match the £250,000.00 of the previous Dr.

This bizarre organisation now promising to match male and female pay has set a standard which they have yet to understand. 

So nice to know when you qualify for a free licence :d

I get mine free next year after just 51 payments or 612 short months as they say in the motor trade.