Ashover Car Show, Peak District, Sun 23rd July

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at McDonalds, Alma Leisure Park, Derby Road, Chesterfield, S40 2ED at 9.30am. From there we will take the 7 mile journey to Ashover and spend a hour or two at the car show before going in search of some yummy cakes for lunch.

Weather depending, who is coming?

Travelling home from France...  I keep missing the trips :(... sorry. 

Have a good day

• Like 1

If the weather is good I will be there :-) I'll try not to take the bottom of the car this time.

• Like 1

A possible only from me at this stage, might not know for sure till at least Saturday evening.

Righty ho Dave, just let me know when you know, then we don't leave without you :oops: 

Unless it's biblical rain we will be going to this one, no nancying out on the showers this weekend :d

• Like 2

Sorry, I can't make this one as I'm on a walking holiday with the lads in Eyam this weekend. Have fun.

• Like 1

Dun,dun dur !! We're not working this Sunday and nothing else planned so we're free to come and join you:d see you soon Andy and Becky

• Like 1

We are busy on grand parent duties so will not make this one!

Hope you have a good day :)

Sorry guys ... assuming the weather is good I'm at the Walton Retro Car Show this Sunday.

Enjoy your trip out and make sure we get lots of pictures.

After the car show I have arranged with The National Trust for us to park in front of Ilam Hall for a little photo shoot, before having tea and cakes at their Manifold Tea Room.

The only thing I have to worry about now is whether to have Victoria Sponge or Chocolate cake.

Hope all the others have a great day doing what you do and hope to see you at Silverstone.

• Like 1

Dare I say, I think I may come with youngest Archie will meet you at ashover though because it's only over the hill for me from the garage

• Like 1

Sorry, going to have to give this one a miss, got a few car jobs to sort out before I leave for Silverstone on Thursday, and tomorrow morning is the only dry weather forecast round here all week in which I can get them done. Just hope the weeks forecast gets better :(

• Like 1

First and most importantly Happy Birthday to Rebecca and thank you for sharing your day with us, it has been wonderful.

DSC01173.JPG

We parked up at the Ashover Car Show. Paul and Pat in the VX, Andy and Rebecca in their newly painted Porsche Grey Westfield. This car was red last time we saw it, what a transformation, it looks fantastic, so eye catching.

DSC01136.JPG

Alan came too

DSC01133.JPG

And so did Simon and Archie

DSC01140.JPG

After a few hours looking around the cars and the stalls we all met back up at 12.30, ready to leave at 1pm. It takes us half a hour to stop talking and get ready! We posed through Matlock Bath, which was thronging with motorbikes, and up the Via Gellia road to Ilam Hall.

DSC01148.JPG

The National Trust lady knew immediately who we were and directed us to park in front of the Hall. We were bang on time, so thank you to everyone for being organised.

DSC01167.JPG

You know that you are in the company of people who love their cars when they dress for the occasion

DSC01172.JPG

After some photo's with the Chinese tourists it was time for the usual monkeys tea party. In anticipation of cake, Andy had bought a candle, so we borrowed Alan's lighter and all sang Happy Birthday to Rebecca. It was Raspberry Cheesecake Cake, which I for one have never had before.

DSC01176.JPG

The View from the Manifold Tea Room, which is at the back of the Hall. The Hall is used as a Youth Hostel, it also has a Visitor Centre, a gift shop and is in the grounds of the Ilam Country Park.

DSC01178.JPG

Now it was the turn of the tourists from The Netherlands to have their photos with the car. They had set off from Holland at 5.30am yesterday and arrived for their first ever Peak District holiday at 5pm last night. While this was happening Simon was refuelling the crossflow, now he has fixed the gear linkage.

DSC01180.JPG

Andy and Rebecca, and Paul and Pat headed south from here, while Alan, Simon and Archie headed back east with us, but not before calling in at Willersley Castle.

Simon and Archie looking good.

DSC01184.JPG

So is Alan

DSC01189.JPG

Well it has been yet another successful day. A car show, some nice roads to drive, a photo shoot and cake too. With only one downpour, we stayed largely dry, thank you to everyone who came. Only 5 sleeps to Silverstone, see you all there.

• Like 9

Well our visit trip out this year with Julie and once again we were not dissappointed, we did get a bit damp a couple of times during the day but hey ho it's only water, big thank you to Julie see you again soon Andy and Becky

• Like 1