Help me join in

BenD

After doing the Blyton trackday and seeing the paddock afterwards I think I want to have a go at sprinting. It will be next year. I understand I need all the kit race suit boots and that I've got most of it anyway my car has a full cage that was purchased this year but I'm a little confused as to what class I would be in. It's a mazda 1.6 turbo has 190bhp and is fully Road legal can any help as to what class I may be in. 

• Like 1

B1 I think - there is a forced induction multiplier to go on top of your engine capacity which takes you to the 'over 1800 class', then you are road legal, 1B tyres, H pattern gearbox, novice :)

That's what I thought Adam. Thanks I need to have a read through the beginners guide now and see if there's anything else I need I'm sure I'll have more questions 

• Like 1

Fantastic news :d

It's always been one of the aims of Blyton and other events to give everyone the opportunity of experiencing sprinting and attracting new competitors.

@John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary and the SSOT will be most pleased.

• Like 2

if the truth be told ive fallen out of love with driving my car on the road too many idiots around. and have started to do trackdays which im throughly enjoying but feel maybe i need to compete and most of the sprints arent far away from me either.

Take it from me. As a first time competitor at blyton this year it is amazing and if you have most of the car sorted already it's very easy to start. I loved every minute of last weekend even if the car didn't run till 11am on Saturday.

The bug has bitten me and I'm sorting the car now so I can getting another event in by the end of the season.

You'll love it :t-up:

IMG-20170709-WA0001.jpg

• Like 3

I thought in addition to the FI multiplier, because the turbo wasn't factory fitted you ended up in one of the posh classes.

Which wouldn't put me off, as I'd be crap in any class as the sprints involve corners :d 

32 minutes ago, Dommo said:

I thought in addition to the FI multiplier, because the turbo wasn't factory fitted you ended up in one of the posh classes.

Which wouldn't put me off, as I'd be crap in any class as the sprints involve corners :d 

I must say that the set off 11's you put down at the end of the start straight were quite distracting, I kept finding myself looking at them rather than thinking about turning into the corner :laugh:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

I must say that the set off 11's you put down at the end of the start straight were quite distracting, I kept finding myself looking at them rather than thinking about turning into the corner :laugh:

They're train tracks... follow them it's quite an adventure!

1 hour ago, syman84 said:

Take it from me. As a first time competitor at blyton this year it is amazing and if you have most of the car sorted already it's very easy to start. I loved every minute of last weekend even if the car didn't run till 11am on Saturday.

The bug has bitten me and I'm sorting the car now so I can getting another event in by the end of the season.

Really glad you enjoyed it and that the Bug has Bitten!

PM'ed you

Without wanting to jump on @bunje thread. Obviously apart from the suit and helmet that need to meet certain regs, what else is there needed? I was talking to @Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO

When at blyton but was a little to much to take in at the time.  

I know there is an msa license needed how do you go about getting the right one? Is there any sort of tests that you need to do or anything?