Dax rush

Yamahasam

Afternoon all,

I know this is a Westfield forum but hoping someone can shed some light, what is the current situation with buying a dax rush in terms of who is supplying them and are spares still available and are they likely to drop in price much due to the closing of DJ Sportscars?? 

Many thanks Sam 

Of you can't get an answer here, try to get in contact with Duncan Cowper, he's had a long association with Dax and has campaigned his Rush at motor sport events for quite a few years.

Really nice bloke and very helpful. He, if anyone should be able to answer your queries.

One of the lads we go on run outs with is very well up on Dax Rush's - had one for years - I'll ask him.

OK, apparently you can easily source most parts other than the front ball joints for the 4x4 versions - these are hard/impossible to find as the one's Dax made (when they couldn't get the OEM type originally spec'd) were well dodgy. But no worries if it's a 2WD Dax.

MAN in Leeds can probably supply all the bodywork etc as they bought the rights and moulds.

Pretty much anything else can be sourced off eBay - or easily fabricated.

I don't rate the guy at MAN which is based in Kipped Leeds. He talked a load of rubbish (I am being polite) about remapping and a gearbox repair for my brother Steve and I would not go near him after that experience . 

I bet the BMW engined one steers like a cow. 

Thats one heavy engine. 

Quick though. 

Thanks for all taking the time to reply, I started off with on a hunt for a Westfield but not found anything I like. Seen this dax and it looks lovely although it will be slightly heavier than what I was initially after.

Thanks Sam 

49 minutes ago, Gerry H said:

Unintentional, honest. :d