First Westy Wanted

Beaker_Bob

@Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO - Thanks for the welcome.  Due to other commitments i'm going to struggle to coming along during August.  I'm assuming that the local meets happen on a semi regular basis as i would love to come along to future events.

@marcusb - the previous owner didn't run with a front plate and just fitted it for the MOT!  Now that its back in my garage, the number plate along with a couple of other things will be top of the list for sorting.

• Like 1

Most areas tend to have a regular monthly meet - it can sometimes vary between summer and winter months, so always worth checking. Extra runs out and events are then organized around those regular meets, sometimes just for the local area, (though everyone is usually welcome), sometimes several areas might get together to arrange an event.

A few of our Local Areas that cover quite a large geographic area, with quite widespread members, tend to not have a fixed day and time type Monthly meet, but instead arrange lots of runs out etc, all around their "patch" so that everyone gets a fair stab at a venue or run that's not too far away.

Also, don't forget, you're welcome to visit as many local Area Meets as you like!

Robin's area is well sited for some fantastic countryside, and do some great runs, you'll have a blast when you get a chance to make it along!

Just keep an eye on the Local Events section of the Boardroom for details of anything coming up.

• Like 1

Normal Yorkshire meeting is ALWAYS the first Tuesday of each month at the Fox and Grapes pub ( rear car park for Westfield drivers )

Yes, the Fox and Grapes meeting is monthly, and the Red Kite one has only been going since March and was originally going to be just for the summer months, but I think it will keep going all year. 

Keep looking on the forum for runs out. 

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2017 at 14:36, Nemesis said:

My mate who isn't on here has a V8 in red..... It's lovely.

PM me if you want me to get you two in touch.

Nem........

i could be interested if it is still for sale

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the long delay.... I've been on hols, sorry to say he sold it to the dealer called ToyBox.

Nem..........

I know that this is a touchy subject, but there seem to be a lot of nice cars that end up with ToyBox and then re-sell at quite a premium. 

Surely this means that our cars are often under-priced when offered for sale? With any normal car, the trade price is much lower than the private sale price, so why not here, unless it really means the private sale price was too low??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

I know that this is a touchy subject, but there seem to be a lot of nice cars that end up with ToyBox and then re-sell at quite a premium. 

Surely this means that our cars are often under-priced when offered for sale? With any normal car, the trade price is much lower than the private sale price, so why not here, unless it really means the private sale price was too low??

I don't know why but some people prefer to buy from a dealer, which you will always pay a premium for.

• Like 1

A bit of both I suspect.

Prices on anything from cars to parts are often a wee bit on the lower side on here compared to some other sites, whilst as Mike says, some prefer buying from a dealer.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.