Swirl pot or injection tank and fuel return line.

Tim Reid

I'm going from carbs to injection so either need a swirl pot or tank with a return inlet.

I also need a return fuel line from the engine to tank.

I have a swirl post and lift pump £30 collected from leeds 

Pump is new and tank was used for a track day while my tank was being built 

• Like 1

Assaargh! Just spent loads more three days ago.  

Oh well ....

8 hours ago, Davidjohnson said:

I have a swirl post and lift pump £30 collected from leeds 

Pump is new and tank was used for a track day while my tank was being built 

If Tim doesn't have these I would be willing to buy them and can pick up/ pay cash on Wednesday 19th as I'm in the Leeds area.

Ian

• Like 1

On 08/07/2017 at 19:29, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

I'm going from carbs to injection so either need a swirl pot or tank with a return inlet.

I also need a return fuel line from the engine to tank.

@Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO, you can use a "dead head" set up with fuel reg and return in the back - and then you only have one line to the engine bay.

Here's my set up with a set of bike TB's and rail - as I already had twin lines, I used them, but no need.

fuel injection dead head setup.png

This was pre swirl pot of course.

Thanks all, I have messaged David as I'm interested in the swirl pot but already have my carb pump that I could use as a lifter pump. 

@Yanto if David doesn't want to split or post than you can have them.

I also now have the option so add a sump to my current tank as I have found a local person to help weld.

i have a suitable pump, i was only interested in the swirl pot for a potential future upgrade, I don't "need" as such.

Ian

Ive got a fuel tank ready to have the collector pot welded on the bottom thus no separate swirl pot and lifter pump required.

17 minutes ago, Arm said:

Ive got a fuel tank ready to have the collector pot welded on the bottom thus no separate swirl pot and lifter pump required.

That's something I'm considering if David's pot is suitable to cut and weld to the bottom of my existing tank it will give me what I'm looking for with the additional takeoff and baffeling (by having only a couple of holes from the main tank into the sump).

That was my plan then went hillclimbing so only needed a 4 L fuel tank.

My tank is cheap at £50 with the sump tank made and ready to weld on .

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.