New Member - Hi

Beaker_Bob

Afternoon everyone,

New member here and currently looking to purchase my first Westy....!

There seems to be lots of advice on here, so hoping to be able to tap into some of that over the coming months / years.

First question, although im looking privately, does anyone have opinions good or bad of Toybox for second hand cars.  I appreciate being a dealer there will be a mark-up, but does anyone have experience dealing with them?

Cheers

Bob

Lots of members have bought cars from them. I know a few personally. Like everything, people experiences vary a little, but seem to be generally positive. (One or two issues occasionally, but they're second hand cars, so I guess a certain amount is to be expected).

They do seem to put quite a bit of work into a lot of the cars they sell, maintaining them and tweaking spec etc.

The biggest item that gets fed back, as a negative, but I've noticed this to be common with lots of used car places generally, is that the web site stock list can often be quite out of date compared to the actual stock list.

Welcome Bob,

Hope you find your perfect Westfield, glad I beat you to my old one though. 

As has been said I also have personal experience with toybox and have no issues with them.

Good luck I am sure you will be sorted soon.

Welcome Bob

Treat toybox as you would any other car dealer ,they buy cars to sell on at a premium .

However as a dealer ,are by all accounts very good at what they do ,they will buy a car ,upgrade the spec and add some finishing touches before selling on at a profit ,they  are a business after all .

Ive met Andrew at a few of the shows and his cars are well turned out and priced accordingly ,I suppose ,the choice is finding a good private car for a few grand less or buying a dealer car at a premium ,no different to a normal road car the choice is yours.

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Happy hunting.

Thanks for the welcome and the advice on toybox everyone.

Went to see this one tonight whilst it was at a show. The owner is a WSCC member but not sure if he is on here, nice car......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WESTFIELD-ST170-DURATEC-WITH-WORKING-VVT-/112455843253?hash=item1a2ee3fdb5:g:wfEAAOSw-29ZT3s3

Any thoughts on thus for a first time Westy owner?!

Thats Craig's car.

Don't know anything about it mechanically wise but he has always looked after the car.

It certainly has a high specification.

Looks fantastic, top spec car and if I hadn't have just bought my old one back I would be all over that one.

Looks a cracker in the pics.

yes its a cracker thanks guys for your kind words much appreciated 

very well looked after