S2000 Catch can with filter

Scotty72

Hiya

I'm after a decent oil catch can with mesh filter/baffle for an S2000 F20C

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'm not aware of any specific S2000 F20C catch can's. I used this on mine: http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/1ltr-square-oil-catch-tank--bulk-head-mount/

However I don't believe it's got gauze in sorry!

You can see where it's fitted on my build thread

You'll note I did change the location of the breather filter and it has caught moisture but not much oil in circa 5000 miles.

Any details on your S2000? Who built it?

Have you resolved your Dash2 Problem? I've got quite a bit of experience with them, if you need some help.

Best regards,

Ian

19 hours ago, IanK said:

Hi Scott,

I'm not aware of any specific S2000 F20C catch can's. I used this on mine: http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/1ltr-square-oil-catch-tank--bulk-head-mount/

However I don't believe it's got gauze in sorry!

You can see where it's fitted on my build thread

You'll note I did change the location of the breather filter and it has caught moisture but not much oil in circa 5000 miles.

Any details on your S2000? Who built it?

Have you resolved your Dash2 Problem? I've got quite a bit of experience with them, if you need some help.

Best regards,

Ian

Hi Ian

I have gone for a 1ltr mocal tank from demon tweeks so should arrive tomorrow.

My Mega S2000 was factory built I think, I bought it from toybox about 6 weeks ago. Will post some pics for you.

I'm still having trouble with my dash2 oil pressure. Can't get the bl**** thing to work. Everything else on the dash works great so your input would be very appreciated. 

Scott

58 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Hi Ian

I have gone for a 1ltr mocal tank from demon tweeks so should arrive tomorrow.

My Mega S2000 was factory built I think, I bought it from toybox about 6 weeks ago. Will post some pics for you.

I'm still having trouble with my dash2 oil pressure. Can't get the bl**** thing to work. Everything else on the dash works great so your input would be very appreciated. 

Scott

Hi Scott, car looks good. Talk to Mark Walker at the factory and see if he can advise if they did build it. As you realise the version of Dash2 you have only allows to reprogram from a laptop to the dash and you can't read the current config out.

I've got the factory S2000 config file and many custom versions I've tweaked for my own purposes. Do you have a laptop with a serial port? I'll gladly send you the files but you use them at your own risk etc.... I'm confident we should be able to sort it though. 

If you can send me a close up of your oil pressure transducer (should be VDO) and your water temp sender (either Vdo or ETB), this will help.

Best regards,

Ian

20 hours ago, IanK said:

Hi Scott, car looks good. Talk to Mark Walker at the factory and see if he can advise if they did build it. As you realise the version of Dash2 you have only allows to reprogram from a laptop to the dash and you can't read the current config out.

I've got the factory S2000 config file and many custom versions I've tweaked for my own purposes. Do you have a laptop with a serial port? I'll gladly send you the files but you use them at your own risk etc.... I'm confident we should be able to sort it though. 

If you can send me a close up of your oil pressure transducer (should be VDO) and your water temp sender (either Vdo or ETB), this will help.

Best regards,

Ian

Ian

Pics of temp sender and oil pressure sender

20170705_135940.jpg

20170705_135623.jpg

I think you will find this is bill bourne's old car and he built it

isnt the pressure side of the sensor the other connector the one with the g underneath it although it looks like its broken

Both look similar to mine. Can you see VDO stamped anywhere on the oil pressure device?

Any luck talking with Mark?

14 minutes ago, bunje said:

isnt the pressure side of the sensor the other connector the one with the g underneath it although it looks like its broken

Not sure as this is how it was wired when I purchased it.

17 minutes ago, bunje said:

I'm pretty sure G= Gauge and WG = NC switch used for a warning light! Hence the Dash 2 needs to be on G.

1 minute ago, IanK said:

Both look similar to mine. Can you see VDO stamped anywhere on the oil pressure device?

Any luck talking with Mark?

No I can't see VDO stamped anywhere. All it has got on it is kgmy 70/50 made in Holland.

Haven't had chance to call Mark yet. Work keeps getting in the way :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IanK said:

I'm pretty sure G= Gauge and WG = NC switch used for a warning light! Hence the Dash 2 needs to be on G.

yeh thats the same as mine

also regarding your water temp try taking the sender out and cleaning the boss that it fits into as it looks corroded if its not grounding out the sender then you wont get the temprature reading

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.