Bonnet locating pin required urgent.

Stu Faulkner

As in the title.

Gave the car a once over as I am at Blyton next week end and I have noticed that a bonnet locating pin and the grommet that it sits in is missing.

So does anyone have one spare that I can buy?

The car is going to Blyton on a trailer so I could grab it there if you are there early enough.

Help:(

Might have one, I'll have rummage. If I can't get my thermostat fixed, you can nick one of mine on the day.

It's a bit of a bodge, but a decent sized self tapper and some solid garden cane did the trick for me whilst I waited for a new set, kindly donate by Mr Eastwood, to turn up in the post.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Might have one, I'll have rummage. If I can't get my thermostat fixed, you can nick one of mine on the day.

It's a bit of a bodge, but a decent sized self tapper and some solid garden cane did the trick for me whilst I waited for a new set, kindly donate by Mr Eastwood, to turn up in the post.

Thanks Andy.

I have some 20mm grommets but the middle hole is about 16mm.

As was thinking of using one of these and tapping a piece of ally bar.

Or a big luggage strap over the bonnet will do.......

Just now, Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

Or a big luggage strap over the bonnet will do.......

I'd like to see that, any particular colour in mind?

• Like 2

I've got spare grommets Stu, if I can make Blyton I'll bring one, if not I'll post one over. (Car may be at Omex, fingers crossed, for final ITB sorting).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I've got spare grommets Stu, if I can make Blyton I'll bring one, if not I'll post one over. (Car may be at Omex, fingers crossed, for final ITB sorting).

The grommet appears to be the tricky bit. 

The ally stud is easy to replicate. 

If you do have a spare grommet then I'll gladly take one from you. 

Yep, having lost a couple in short order, I got a bag full!

• Like 1

Stu, I've got a pair of pins and grommets you can have for free. I don't use them any more. I'm doing the track day on Friday so will be there first thing.

Edit to add: My grommets fit and work okay but aren't the original Westfield ones (the pins are). I seem to remember the original grommets had a larger OD to help them stay in place. Mine are 20mm OD, 12mm ID. If Dave's are a bigger OD it may be an idea to use his grommets. I'll bring mine anyway.

Edited by Howard
Extra info
  • Like 2

Please bring some, I'll swap a couple for some beer tokens as I am in need too.:yes:

• Like 1

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE grommet.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Howard said:

Stu, I've got a pair of pins and grommets you can have for free. I don't use them any more. I'm doing the track day on Friday so will be there first thing.

Edit to add: My grommets fit and work okay but aren't the original Westfield ones (the pins are). I seem to remember the original grommets had a larger OD to help them stay in place. Mine are 20mm OD, 12mm ID. If Dave's are a bigger OD it may be an idea to use his grommets. I'll bring mine anyway.

The holes that I have drilled in the nose are 20mm and as you say the pins are 12mm. 

If your holes are 20mm then you'll definitely need one of Dave's or Bunje's grommets. My grommets are 20mm to the very outside, to fit a 16mm hole.

I'll bring them anyway, along with the pins.

And I got mine from the supplier bunje put me on to. :yes:

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.