Curborough and Bakewell, Sat 1st July, 10.30am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Here's a different one for you. We are popping down to Curborough Sprint Course to watch the WSCC Speed Series for a while, then at about 1pm we will be going to Bakewell to the carnival. We went there last year and, despite the heavy rain, we really enjoyed it.

There will be cake and lashings of tea involved along the way, so come and join us at any point, everyone is welcome.

University house moving duties on Saturday.:(  sorry

Have fun

Well we are easily tempted by cake and of course a bacon butty at Curborough!

Will the traffic and parking be ok around Bakewell?

• Like 1

And why not, seems scilly not to.

1 hour ago, bunje said:

What time are people getting there 

Probably 2037, if I'm let out early for good behaviou:cry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bunje said:

What time are people getting there 

We'll be heading up after Lions 2nd test so should be there 11 ish

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Martyn Vann - Joint Warwickshire AO said:

Well we are easily tempted by cake and of course a bacon butty at Curborough!

Will the traffic and parking be ok around Bakewell?

Traffic will be fine, we are not going into Bakewell by the main route. Plus I have plan B if it is that bad. No worries.

• Like 1

I'm doing the Saturday NSCC sprint at C'bro and am the only Westfield in my class :-(.

Will need some company in the paddock if you are around! All advice gratefully received:d

• Like 2

Just waiting for some rain to pass at this end, then I thought I might pop down for this!

• Like 2

It's sunny here :cool:

• Like 1

Tiny bit of rain in the air when I set off, but soon passed, and a tiny, tiny bit in the air when I got back an hour ago. In the mean time, got my usual burnt red forehead while watching the parade at Bakewell!

Another fantastic day out, if a bit different :d

And great to catch up with everyone again. 

• Like 3

'Er, Julie, can Dave park here, only I have OCD and we have to be in a red, white and blue formation' I am not mentioning any names...

DSC00809.JPG

Nosey

DSC00814.JPG 

The Late Arrivals finally came, after the photo's had been taken, a good excuse for another photo eh. The Westfield Speed Series Fan Club.

DSC00834.JPG

We soon visited the paddocks. I don't know who this is, but there was a much prettier face in it than the other cars

DSC00816.JPG

Matt

DSC00822.JPG

Watch out for these, cheeky monkeys

DSC00824.JPG

Dave getting ready for action

DSC00825.JPG

Dave in action

DSC00832.JPG

At the lunch break we left Curborough and travelled through the Peak District to Bakewell. The roads were eerily empty and I indulged in putting my baby Zetec in front of these mammothly powerful Honda boys. It's fun, I will never leave one standing, but it's so much fun trying. Exit the caravan and off we go again. Dave's car filled my rear view mirror all the way.

Nice and slow through the village, make sure everyone gets a  wave and a smile.

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00840.JPG

That landed us in Bakewell, straight into the Westfield's Only Reserved Parking Area

DSC00843.JPG

There is more to come, but you may have to prepare yourself. The next photo carries a health warning.

• Like 3