Season Over

stickymint

Looks like my inaugural season has come to an end prematurely.

Whist on holiday last week I was playing tennis and ruptured my right Achilles tendon(it went with quite a loud pop, some am sure it is ruptured, this was the diagnosis whilst away).  Currently feeling fed up having come back with my leg in a pot. Went straight to our local NHS hospital, initially told in A&E to come back to clinic on 11th July!!  After telling the doctor three time this wasn't acceptable , spoke to consultant who talked me through how they tend to wait and see if it will start to heal on its own.  However he has also put me down for an ultra sound and will review again after this - so currently waiting for this appointment. 

I will be speaking with my private health insurer to see what can be done to do things more speedily.  Whichever way it goes I think it is going to be some time before I can drive competitively again. 

So I thought I'd let you know this is why I am not going to be around, (I have not thrown in the towel!) hopefully might be able to squeeze something in at the end of the year.

That real bad luck Mick. Hope to see you up and about soon

A work colleague had the op for this in November expecting to be OK by Feb. He still needs to take care now, in June, and reckons it'll be a full 12 months at least before it's 100% usable.

Good Luck

Wow Mick. I feel your pain! I hope things improve quickly for you

Ouch, literally.  I've damaged mine a few times running, however never snapped one. I hope you're swiftly fixed and back behind the wheel.

Sorry to hear about that Mick - at least it will give you plenty of time to plan upgrades :d

All the best for a speedy recovery!

Likewise, sorry to hear that, hope its not a bad as it sounds and you can make quick recovery. 

Ouch ! sorry to hear that Mick, you were going very well too.

Hope you heal up soon ( pun entirely intended)