Mirrors, steering wheel etc.

stephenh

I have for sale:

One Mountney steering wheel, black spokes and black leather rim; 300mm. diameter. Merlin sell these for £65. My price £30. NOW SOLD.

One interior mirror, fixes by adhesive tape (included) to the scuttle. Westfield's price is £47. My price £20. NOW SOLD.

A pair of wing mirrors, I think these are Suzuki, and Westfield recommend them for the aeroscreened cars, although I cannot see any reason why they wouldn't fit to the scuttle of a car with windscreen. Westfield's price is £88. My price £40. SOLD

A pair of chrome surrounds for 7" headlights. These are the classic ones which fit the old type Minis etc, I think. They fit by clipping over the headlight surround, and secure with one grub screw near the bottom. No idea what they are worth, but I will let them go to a good home for £5. NOW SOLD.

One rear number plate mounting. Westfield's price is £38. My price £15. SOLD.

All the above are in as new condition, having only been used for IVA purposes on my XI. 

I also have a pair of XI IVA headlight pods. I cannot imagine why anyone would want them, but if you do they are free!

All the above prices are excluding carriage, but if anyone is seriously interested I'm happy to bring to Blyton for inspection.

Hi Stephen, interested in wing mirrors please. Can you supply a picture if possible? Kind regards, Dan. 

Hi Stephen... Interested in the rear number plate mount, if it's for a standard number plate size I'll take it please. 

Thanks

Hi @stephenh ... I'll have the Chrome surrounds at £5.

Will send a PM to confirm.

Right, sorry guys, but I meant to post pictures with my first post. Here goes. And I'll reply to the pms individually, in the order received. However priority will be given to those who can collect direct or can collect at Blyton.

IMGP5917.JPG

IMGP5918.JPG

Hi Tails, yes it is standard size. Not the squareish design, the long design, ie all the letters and numbers would go in a row. I had it for IVA purposes, so although it is presently bolted to the back of my car, it has never had a number plate attached. It has had small holes for fixing it to the brackets which I had to fabricate to attach it to the back of my XI however. I'll try taking a photo now if it will show up where the rivets are. Only little 3.1mm. rivets.

Dan, are you still interested in the wing mirrors?

Any takers for the centre/interior mirror?  Westfield list it in their online store.

Dan, I'd forgotten how many rivet holes there are in the plate backing. It is almost part of the structure of the car! It might be better for someone building an XI, then I'd throw in my aluminium bracketry as well! Let me know if you still want it. Photo below:

I need the number plate light however.

IMGP5919.JPG

If Dan doesn't want the wing mirrors I will buy them.

No takers for the headlight pods? I am surprised, they would be a good enhancement to a Caterham I think, and probably add at least 10mph to top speed?:laugh:

25 minutes ago, stephenh said:

No takers for the headlight pods? I am surprised, they would be a good enhancement to a Caterham I think, and probably add at least 10mph to top speed?:laugh:

Wouldn't another XI builder maybe want them for the same reason you did?

3 hours ago, John said:

Wouldn't another XI builder maybe want them for the same reason you did?

They come as part of the kit, John. Hence only really suitable for upgrading a Caterham, or for creating a diy Frogeye Sprite replica!:laugh:

Thanks Stephen, Yes I will take them please. I will reply to your PM now. Cheers, Dan. 

Tails I've got myself confused here, it was you who expressed interest in the rear number plate mount. Have you seen the photo above? Are you still interested, if so pm me regarding collection or delivery.

No one want the interior mirror, for a Westfield with a full screen it might be ideal?

And amazingly no offers for the headlight pods.:laugh: I might throw them in for free with the interior mirror, if that helps to achieve a sale.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.