A plan insurance renewal

Hornet600

Agreed that quotes vary a lot, was just interested in the difference in premium. With a couple of named drivers and all year use and decent mileage, good see that my premium is in the general region as yours Dave. The higher premium is for the family project car, so it's got a couple of relatively inexperienced younger drivers on it, we do do garage both cars when at home.

Thanks

Gary

Yep, sounds in the normal range of variance. In addition to basic post code and milage variations, oh and age of course, there are also bolt-on things like breakdown cover, as Marcus said, legal cover, use for commuting etc, all can add £10 here, £20 there...

I go for the legal cover, it having been helpful in the past when a stoned and also uninsured driver in a Humber Super Snipe hit and unsurprisingly wrote off my 1293S engined Riley Elf! That'll give an age related clue to why I don't go for the breakdown cover - old enough to have personal not car related RAC cover.

Gary

4 hours ago, GaryH said:

Hi all

I've got 2 westfields insured with a plan and my premiums seem much higher than any I've seen here. I'm paying £197 and £230 for fully comp, all year round. How does that compare to what you are getting covered?

Gary

As mentioned i wouldnt worry about prices of other people. So much can vary it. If it makes you feel better i pay 300 for the westy

I'm 230 aswell. Flux could slightly beat it but the guys attitude on the phone was awful trying to push me into taking the policy there and then. 

A plan were a pleasure to deal with. Worth paying a bit extra for.

2 hours ago, sdh2903 said:

I'm 230 aswell. Flux could slightly beat it but the guys attitude on the phone was awful trying to push me into taking the policy there and then. 

A plan were a pleasure to deal with. Worth paying a bit extra for.

I had Exacrly this. Good Customer service is worth more than a few extra quid to me

• Like 1

Just now, chriss1455 said:

I had Exacrly this. Good Customer service is worth more than a few extra quid to me

How funny, I had similar last year with AF. I started the conversation with a clear statement that I was getting prices to compare and under no circumstances would be purchasing there and then, so price accordingly.

Sure enough, at the end, oh this price is only valid if you take out the insurance here and now. When they realized I wasn't biting, it slipped to, well I could hold the offer open for an hour, if you want to ring round and then get back to us...

I rang A Plan next, there renewal price was about £30 more than AF, and they admitted they could match it, I asked them how close they could get, and managed to get a small bit more off, no more than £15 though. And that was enough for me, I'd rather pay the extra £15 via A Plan as was, than save the extra bit and go with AF.

Oh and got a few pestering emails and attempted calls for the next week, despite me emailing them back to say I'd gone with a better offer.

No point using A Plan's breakdown cover for £40 when AutoAid will cover all your & your partner's cars for £2 more

They have been fab, only charged £22 to increase my limited mileage to 12000 from the 5000 we put in November last year's renewal.

We have now done 6500 miles since starting our travels in Mrs P since May.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Well, we know who is the winner of Julie's ODO competition.

I'm not sure how it works but we are giving it a good go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Popped in and paid my money with A Plan again. AF came in a bit cheaper and was happy to have the match , but they knocked a bit more off as they couldnt lower the excess to AF level, but happy with £188 for the year :t-up:

As @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary with AF, felt under pressure to pay a deposit straight away to reserve the policy, which is just wrong in  my book. Not had the chase up mails yet ...................

On 04/08/2017 at 10:49, GaryH said:

Hi all

I've got 2 westfields insured with a plan and my premiums seem much higher than any I've seen here. I'm paying £197 and £230 for fully comp, all year round. How does that compare to what you are getting covered?

Gary

Just renewed with A plan today, £96 fully comp for 12 months, 2000 miles.

25 miles over the border from you Gary seems to make all the difference! I never did understand how insurance premiums work!!

Nick.

I saved quite a fair bit of money by insuring my tintop with them at the same time as Buttercup.

I got both cars insured for less than the cheapest cost of my tintop.

Not ready to insure the Westie yet, but no one else could get near A plan  for my tin top. Been with LV for years and they didn't seem interested in even trying to match A plans price. Very nice fella in the Peterborough office called Fraser. Great service.