Seiw Sport Carbon 2.0 Zetec Blacktop. - Sold.

Christiano

Best thing to do with fuel gauge is ignore it!

fill it up and properly "brim" it by looking down the cap until you physically see the fuel (the pump will 'click' off long before its full)

Then drive for a good 100 miles, brim it again and note how much went in. 

This will give you a good idea of how much is left and thus what sort of range you have. 

Mine tends to use 14-15 litres per 100 miles which with a 28 litre tank gives a theoretical range of 200 miles. However I have ran out at 145 miles before by not properly brimming it! Also on a track day or very spirited hoon it will drink more.

I always fill mine and reset the trip - and thus can happily ignore the gauge despite the fact that due to recent digital dash I have actually managed to get it calibrated fairly accurately. I tend to fill up before it hits 150 miles and apart from that one occasion have always had plenty left in. 

1 minute ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Best thing to do with fuel gauge is ignore it!

fill it up and properly "brim" it by looking down the cap until you physically see the fuel (the pump will 'click' off long before its full)

Then drive for a good 100 miles, brim it again and note how much went in. 

This will give you a good idea of how much is left and thus what sort of range you have. 

Mine tends to use 14-15 litres per 100 miles which with a 28 litre tank gives a theoretical range of 200 miles. However I have ran out at 145 miles before by not properly brimming it! Also on a track day or very spirited hoon it will drink more.

I always fill mine and reset the trip - and thus can happily ignore the gauge despite the fact that due to recent digital dash I have actually managed to get it calibrated fairly accurately. I tend to fill up before it hits 150 miles and apart from that one occasion have always had plenty left in. 

Perhaps as a novice I take a jerry can just in case...!

Any advice on best insurance companies to go for, and also breakdown cover....!?

Just now, Valey80 said:

Very wise!

Insurance see here 

You can also try Adrian Flux, Footman James or AIB (air sports insurance but do kit cars too!)

17 hours ago, Valey80 said:

Any advice on best insurance companies to go for, and also breakdown cover....!?

Don't Worry mate the gauge works fine Craig, the car is topped up with fuel and before you come to collect I will get a 5 litre petrol can and get it filled up for you, would hate to think you ran out on your way home! - Not entirely sure where you can put it though :d

• Like 1

Pity you needed to sell @Christiano - hope we didn't scare you off!

Nice car, having seen it in the flesh and goes well too :d

• Like 1

Don't change his mind Chris Kin :d

I have to say, Christiano is being an amazing guy to deal with - nothing is too much trouble - and I was a pain to begin with trying to lock the deal down (diary issues - oh and wife issues!!) Haha!

Talking with my dad last night and he is good friends with a guy who does training in these things - Dave Jenkins - not sure if anyone has heard (he also races Trucks in the European series) - I think W7 WSC could be popping along for the once over and a look at recommended upgrades and set up!! 

Not too soon though, want to enjoy it for summer touring

• Like 2

I filled up on the A19 before the M1 , Leciester Services and that got me home then. Cruising at 70 to 80 was gettting a decent mpg . Wife was following with a new born in the car , so anything went wrong I would have been abandoned . But all went to plan.:t-up:

i mate you just got a great car I fettled  about 5 year ago fitting it with the blacktop and all the nice stuff 

nice number plate for the car mate wanted to buy it but you bet him thanks john walker any questions give me a pm

11 hours ago, 4 WAK said:

i mate you just got a great car I fettled  about 5 year ago fitting it with the blacktop and all the nice stuff 

nice number plate for the car mate wanted to buy it but you bet him thanks john walker any questions give me a pm

Cheers - if you have any hints or tips in looking after it, all appreciated. Also, any things you planned with it but never sorted - I'm open to ideas :-)

I will give you the history of the car for your peace of mind later when I have a bit more time all I can say is its a good nice car you have

On 6/28/2017 at 10:37, 4 WAK said:

I will give you the history of the car for your peace of mind later when I have a bit more time all I can say is its a good nice car you have

Thanks - you're a gent!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.