Outdoor Sound Systems

kevip6

Sorry to bump this up but does anyone have experience of the sound quality from a PA style system?

This would be the cheaper way to get louder but I don't know if the quality of the sound would be acceptable for a film?

I would ideally like to make a decision on this over the next few days

Thanks Mr. 

I setup my old Technics HiFi outside in the position of the screen and if I cranked it up to max it was too loud by the screen but about right around the garden so I think I have made up my mind. 

2 - PSB CS1000 speakers left and right by the screen 

2 - PSB CS1000 speakers in the middle of the garden 

1 - AV Amp (Denon 3300) by the screen with the middle speakers setup as rears so I can swap between 4 channel stereo for music and I can have them at a lower level so spread the sound. Then as rears for the screen when the films are on.

It's a little more than I wanted to spend but I think it will be a good solution

Any final thought before I order?

10 hours ago, kevip6 said:

Thanks Mr. 

I setup my old Technics HiFi outside in the position of the screen and if I cranked it up to max it was too loud by the screen but about right around the garden so I think I have made up my mind. 

2 - PSB CS1000 speakers left and right by the screen 

2 - PSB CS1000 speakers in the middle of the garden 

1 - AV Amp (Denon 3300) by the screen with the middle speakers setup as rears so I can swap between 4 channel stereo for music and I can have them at a lower level so spread the sound. Then as rears for the screen when the films are on.

It's a little more than I wanted to spend but I think it will be a good solution

Any final thought before I order?

Are you selling tickets to any of your performances?

With the amp if you want to drive 4 speakers as stereo, you will probably need to use the 'virtual sound stage. It will do what you want.

After a quick play, I've not found a way to do 2xleft and 2xright with 2.0 stereo

It might be possible but needs more fettling skills I currently have...

Just set both your front and rear speaker sizes to Large and it should spread the sound evenly if you manually set them up and don't use the Audessy auto setup

On 2017-6-16 at 11:20, kevip6 said:

Sorry to bump this up but does anyone have experience of the sound quality from a PA style system?

This would be the cheaper way to get louder but I don't know if the quality of the sound would be acceptable for a film?

I would ideally like to make a decision on this over the next few days

Did you go for it..?

I love reading about folk spending money... So this forum is kinda perfect.

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 21:50, John K said:

Did you go for it..?

I love reading about folk spending money... So this forum is kinda perfect.

You should have said "Spending other peoples money"   What this forum is good at

• Like 1

I can probably offer some advice on this. If we are trying to cover large outdoor spaces we tend to use satellite speakers with in ground subs. Have you ordered anything yet.

I can send you some links if you like?

Hi Guys, 

I have ordered and received the Denon 2300 AV Amp and 4 PSB CS1000 Speakers. 

The second set of speakers is arriving today so I have only tested it with a pair of speakers in the amp but it's plenty loud enough with the 2 so 4 should give me a good coverage with a lower peak volume next to the 1 set of speakers

I'd appreciate the link to the Sub though please

I now need to sort out the speaker cables and location of the extra set of speakers!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update and new question. 

So I now have everything built and electrics sorted.  I had 2 Cat6 outdoor cables run at the same time in case I wanted to run a Balun HDMI signal from the house but in the meanwhile I have one of these connected to my network as to get internet to the amp/device for streaming music/video.  My question is:

what would be a good outdoor wifi hub for connecting one of these cable to allow wifi access down the garden as the home Wifi is getting weak to non existent there?  I was looking at something like this but I'd like it as simple as possible:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Waterproof-Installation-Controller-EAP110-Outdoor/dp/B01N4EGN6H/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504002374&sr=8-2&keywords=outdoor+wifi+access+point

Any advise?

cinema.jpg

• Like 2