This is how political leadership should be resolved

Yanto

Excellent :t-up: 

I exercised my right to vote this morning, and I urge you all to do the same as it gives you the right to complain about whichever group of incompetents and crooks gets in.

Not going to reveal how I voted, but it was in a way I have never done before - use your own imagination. :d 

50 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Not going to reveal how I voted, but it was in a way I have never done before - use your own imagination. :d 

Was it with one trouser leg rolled up, your left breast bared whilst whistling the Star Spangled Banner????

• Like 2

I sent off my postal vote earlier in the week.

I can't ever remember feeling so uninspired and negative about the calibre of our leading politicians.

UK politics is in a very very sad state with no vision or leadership at all.  It is just populist, short term soundbite driven and with social and mainstream media scrutiny and distortion I can't see it attracting anyone decent.

David

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, XTR2Turbo said:

I sent off my postal vote earlier in the week.

I can't ever remember feeling so uninspired and negative about the calibre of our leading politicians.

UK politics is in a very very sad state with no vision or leadership at all.  It is just populist, short term soundbite driven and with social and mainstream media scrutiny and distortion I can't see it attracting anyone decent.

David

I feel the same David, I wish I knew what we could do about it. It seems to be stacked out with career Politicians these days, where have the guys that worked for the early parts of their life and then took up Politics gone ??? Gave it a passing thought once but just felt what's the point, you've really got to be passionate about it. One thing feels for sure, we have got far too many of them.

Who ever wins they'll take it as a mandate that they can do what ever they have on their manifestos with the support of the voter.    I think the truth is they will have won because we hate other person more than we dislike the winner.   I know how I'm voting and it's tactical.  I don't agree with half their policies...   the alternative party I disagree with over half their policies and think the leader is not a leader.    I can see there being a surprise result as the traditional voters are disillusioned, think it's a forgone conclusion and don't bother while the young who don't usually bother raleigh behind Corbin. 

Some bl**** medieval leadership contest is needed.   

IMO not one of the current crop are worth getting out of bed for to vote.:angry:

But i want to moan with a vengance at whatever s*** they come out with, and if you don't vote you have no right to complain.

So I did a postal vote for the first time two weeks ago, just to clarify things, I have always voted, just my first postal vote.

Edited by Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary
One slipped past the swear filter!

3 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

Did you make an a*** of it?

I reluctantly gave in and did vote.

Who knows what we are going to get when plenty policies in the Tory manifesto are 'wait and see after the election' and could working family tax credits abolition make a comeback?

As any President of the USA can only serve 2 terms in office, which is 8 years, I have come to the view that UK politicians should also have a maximum shelf life (say 10 years) after which it's time for new blood and new thinking. Can't see it happening as we seem to be stuck with the model of safe seats and career politicians.

See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10173107/MPs-pay-rise-how-politicians-pay-has-risen-quicker-than-the-workers.html  where the graph shows how our greedy politicians have had pay rises way above the general population. 

No wonder we can't get rid of the barstew@rds and they hang on for 20 to 30 years.

Would you give up a job with subsidised booze on the premises?  See  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mps-freeze-booze-prices-subsidised-7702322

Thanks to Yanto for the fight video as it has lightened my mood.

2 hours ago, Nick - Joint North East AO said:

I feel the same David, I wish I knew what we could do about it. It seems to be stacked out with career Politicians these days, where have the guys that worked for the early parts of their life and then took up Politics gone ??? Gave it a passing thought once but just felt what's the point, you've really got to be passionate about it. One thing feels for sure, we have got far too many of them.

With the level of media scrutiny I can't see any high quality former captain of industry wanting to do it in the way they did 30 years ago. 

So we are left with 3rd rate career politicians or useless former trade union types.

I just hope the civil service and advisory posts can attract some competent people. 

I actually think you could get rid of the majority of MPs and just have Majors for large centres of population.  Most people vote for a party not an MP anyway.

David

• Like 1

In the light of this mornings result, this could actually happen....:d

Well many were predicting a Landslide for the Tories, but things have changed, for the worse IMHO. Social media has become the only way certain people get their information and Facebook is literally awash with Labour supporters spreading their views and shouting down anyone who wants to have reasoned debate. there is no checking of facts at all.

So it appears now all you need to do to get on is promise everything for free to those who want it. Never say no to anything, refuse to explain how you might make it work and in the case of Labour just paint all Tory voters as rich who do not care.

Many of my staff were telling me how they were voting for Labour as he was going to make them richer and make the rich really suffer as there was plenty of money if you just took it off them.

It is a sad day as the EU negotiators will know we now have a parliament who will argue over everything and the chances of us getting a fair Brexit deal have gone as Crobyn has told them he wants Free movement and access to the market.

New Zealand and Australia must be looking so tempting for many young hard working aspirational people this morning.

We as a country deserve better public servants than we have now got and those of us of a certain age will well remember people of opposing views could have reasoned debate in a none shouty way, we now have soundbite bear pit politics instead.

• Like 4