REMOVED FROM SALE 1600 CVH ENGINE COMPLETE

bioman

Due to upgrading to a zetec engine I have for sale my 1600 CVH. The engine was rebuilt 3 years ago. It has a Stage 2 head, Twin DCOE 40's, Starter motor (new 2 years ago), Before engine rebuild it was 139bhp on a rolling road. (print out available)  Will be taking it out of my Narrow Westfield next weekend. Here is a link to a video of it running today 3/06/2017. It can be seen running in the car for the next week. Needs a new alternator but should just bolt straight onto a type 9 box. £850 and your off. £850. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, currently running a 2.0 Pinto, but heard the small engines can actually perform better, so is this in theory a pretty straightforward swap out and bolt on to existing 5 speed box? 

Apologies if this is a pretty noddy question.

Intake and exhaust are opposite hand for CVH and Pinto

There's no such thing as a Noddy question Vorley; with apologies to Bioman, for you it's a swap with no benefit, if there's no mechanical issues with your current engine. (ie you don't have to find another engine.)

As Wilfman said, it's not quite such a direct swap, plus there's the expense of new clutches, changing exhaust, which as it's on a different side of the car would need to be a complete system, then there's the holes it would leave in your existing bodywork...

The CVH above is a cracking engine though, just no real benefit for you in this instance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, removing from sale as a complete engine and will repost under itemised parts :-) 

• bioman changed the title to REMOVED FROM SALE 1600 CVH ENGINE COMPLETE

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.