Is it really worth that ?

Thrustyjust

I would say £6k tops, but I think some people can only dream or tell the missus that no one wants it, I'll have to keep it, as sure it wont go for the money he wants.:d

eBay item number:

• Like 1

It only requires 2 people who aren't that clued up on the Westfield marque to want it! Doesn't look too bad, but I personally wouldn't pay the starting bid for it. You can get a lot of Westfield for seven grand, much newer and probably much more reliable. Although, having said that, the old cross flow engines were very strong, and I'm led to believe they liked a good tuning....

It's very low mileage for a 28 year old car, so may actually be in tip top nick.  If someone wants a period pre-lit it seems a good car?

It looks worth the starting bid to me.

what I don't understand though is why forum members always talk down the price of other cars for sale yet then when the time comes they complain that their own cars wont sell for half the cost of their investment or make the price they want :bangshead:

Unfortunately all this type of topic does is devalue the brand

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) - Joint Essex AO said:

It looks worth the starting bid to me.

what I don't understand though is why forum members always talk down the price of other cars for sale yet then when the time comes they complain that their own cars wont sell for half the cost of their investment or make the price they want :bangshead:

Unfortunately all this type of topic does is devalue the brand

Probably because it actually looks pretty rough. The bonnets faded, the dash and underneath looks poor, the wheels arent in character to the age of the car. They dont even fit under the front wings, so offset is probably wrong. There is a price for these things, but I just thought 9.5K is a shed of money when better cars are a few grand less. 

Don't get me wrong, I love a good pre-lit as much as the next guy, but some just don't look right, and this seems to me to be one of them. Nine and a half grand seems steep when you would need to spend more on it to get it back to the original condition. Would be a lovely little project for someone though, just at a bit more realistic buy it now price. As Justin said originally though, it may just be a case of he doesn't really want to sell it, but is getting pressure from "other quarters" ! :cry:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Probably because it actually looks pretty rough. The bonnets faded, the dash and underneath looks poor, the wheels arent in character to the age of the car. They dont even fit under the front wings, so offset is probably wrong. There is a price for these things, but I just thought 9.5K is a shed of money when better cars are a few grand less. 

But these are all easily fixable and whilst the wheels may not appeal to you they may be to the next persons taste. 

Looking at it from a sellers perspective though, if you were trying to sell your car and someone on a forum started suggesting that it was overpriced by at least £3K I'm sure you wouldn't be that happy with them and even less so considering that person hadn't even seen the car, driven it or inspected it up close.

It's not on for £9.5k though is it.

Starting bid £6995 to Buy it now for £9.5k

37 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

It's not on for £9.5k though is it.

Starting bid £6995 to Buy it now for £9.5k

That is a good point...

I guess we'll watch with interest then, as to pay 7k on a car like that ...........I am sure if you put a bid on, it would say reserve not met and has a 9.5k reserve . Good luck to the winner/ seller then........:rolleyes:

Or buy this and save a grand

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/westfield-se-c20xe-redtop/7259771

or this for the same from a dealer

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/westfield-se/7169034

or this with a yota lump

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/westfield-sei-4age-1994/7280316

or this

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/1994/7280143

So many 'undervalued ' cars for sale ;)

19 hours ago, CraigHew said:

It's very low mileage for a 28 year old car, so may actually be in tip top nick.  If someone wants a period pre-lit it seems a good car?

It would be , except for the replacement speedo at 48k miles according to the paperwork .

LoL, didn't spot that....

And how many kit cars have I seen with the speedo either not working or disconnected! 

• Like 2

I must show Mrs T this, I need some evidence to back up my original claim that I was buying an appreciating classic:d