Ca**ington Water, Car Show, Peak District, Sun 25 June

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

I'm not booked Julie so can I have your spare ticket please?

Goody, goody, Martyn can have my spare ticket and look at Alan, all organised and prepared, I am impressed.

See you all in the morning,

Julie

A big thank you to Andrew, one, for printing the tickets off for me and two, for travelling 2 hours to get there today. 5 cars met at The Knockerdown Inn, sounds like a wife beaters pub that one, i won't stay long. We tried to be quiet so we didn't wake the campers, but the donkey braying in the field was doing a good job of waking everyone up. 

Martyn and Sue, Andrew, Alan, Paul and Pat, thank you all for getting up early.

DSC00771.JPG

We went 2 minutes, round the corner and set up our display, all lined up with the flags proudly flying, and then it rained. Misty, drizzly wet stuff, the sort that was not forecast, I might add. Canvas pumps plus wet grass equals not good chief.

DSC00777.JPG

DSC00780.JPG

Andrew cheered us up as he lifted his bonnet off.

DSC00783.JPG

We were discussing which car was our favourite of the show and all our choices changed when this muscle machine turned up, a Mustang Mach 1. It didn't even have dirt on it's tyres, fully restored and kept very original, it took your breath away.

DSC00784.JPG

Jason joined us in his Karmann Ghia and all 9 of us went for lunch in the cafe together, hoping the rain would pass over. It didn't and I suggested that we called it a day, but they are a hardy lot these Westfield owners and everyone suitably ignored me :d. Paul and Pat put the roof on the VX and reluctantly went home, heck, within 20 minutes the skies cleared, so I reinstated my original plan and we went for a cheeky photo at Crich Stand. It is a cracking little place, nice and quiet with outdoor seating at the cafe with sweeping views over the countryside.

DSC00787.JPG

It made a peaceful end to a great day with good company.

• Like 1