Manchester

TAFKARM

I recently saw on Sky TV a migrant boat packed with young men aged 20 to 30 years old being rescued by Save the Children charity and given safe haven in Italy. The inflatable boat had crossed the Med. from Libya. We are regularly told that Libya is a failed state at civil war, with two warring factions, and not a safe place so those crossing the Med. will usually be given asylum rather than returned. 

The Manchester bomber (apparently had lived the last 10 years or more in UK)  had returned from a holiday in Libya just days before the bombing atrocity and could have had training or contacts there or travelled on to Syria during his 3 week holiday.

So is Libya a war zone or a holiday destination, as I am confused?

And what about security monitoring anyone returning from there?

After the July 2016 Nice truck attack, which killed 85 people, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said "France will have to live with terrorism" and was heavily criticised for it as it's the last thing the public wanted to hear.

Some tough decisions may be needed on movement of people and goods across Europe but are the politicians ready for it?

Deepest condolences to the friends and family of those killed and wishing the badly injured as good a recovery as possible.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2017 at 14:06, Paul Hurdsfield said:

The media are giving these scum what they want, in a word, PUBLICITY.

The IRA hid behind the banner of religon, these scum are doing the same, they are all just low level gangsters wanting to do bad things to 'normal' people.

Totally agree.. except Gangsters is a little mild but the filter won't allow the more appropriate words.    Religion is a shallow excuse for this.  Negative press towards the any group will creat both reactions from all sides.  It's not religion it's the fact they are ***ts.  

• Like 1

I worked in the building trade for nearly 50 years, believe me i can use far more appropriate words, but youngsters can read whats on here.

Tonight talking to my mum...she is a retired teacher and one of her students died in the blast; he lived in my village so knew  him ... also a clients best friend is still missing one of her children.

So tonight i raise a glass for those that helped in a troublesome week

Panda