SOLD - Gauging Interest – Westfield SEIW – Track Rat

samfransisco

Not getting this to the track often enough. Thinking about if I should pick up a new project.

SVA’d and registered in Feb 2009

Spec :-

Engine :- 230bhp, 190lbft
Duratec 2.3L I4
Raceline shallow sump
Cosworth forged connecting rods
Carry over crank
Lead indium BE bearings
Omega pistons (High compression)
Cylinder head extrude honed (polished ports using extrude hone process, https://extrudehone.com/)
Fast road Cosworth cams
Cosworth uprated valve springs
Jenvy direct to head throttle bodies
Cosworth high flow green fuel injectors
GEMS engine management setup at Northampton motors sport by Troy (see power curve in attachements)
Base engine built for 260 BHP but only tuned to 230
Cosworth lightened flywheel, AP racing heavy duty clutch and cover
Raceline 4 into 2 into 1 low pressure headers and silencer for exhaust system
Large airbox fitted to lower drive by noise. Has no problem at Donnington with 98 DB driveby.

Transmission:-
Quaife straight cut type 9 gear box.
Alloy case, Alloy top cover
External breather fitted
Serviced about 1 year ago @ JP race shop Silverstone.
Ratios :
1              2.2
2              1.54
3              1.21
4              1
5              0.87
I used to have a 0.92 5th gear for sprinting. This is also available if you wanted to swap in the future but I found the 0.87 a much better drop and gives a higher top speed.

Differential :-
Sierra 3.92 7.5” LSD diff.
Diff uprated by Bara motorsports to cope with the torque difference.

Vehicle:-
Westfield SEIW race chassis
Bonded and riveted alloy and carbon fibre panels
Welded in roll structure with mounts to fit a full cage (but I didn't purchase a full cage)
Alloy bespoke radiator from Northampton Radiators
Performance silicone hoses all round
Westfield wide track front suspension
Polly bushes all round
Cast iron front uprights with Westfield alloy rears
AVO alloy shocks with various spring rates available (about 4 sets with the car for you to change)
Front and rear anti roll bars
Front brakes, Hispec 4 pot alloy brakes with pagid pads, black diamond drilled and grooved discs
Rear brakes, Sierra caliper with black diamond grooved discs and pagid pads. All discs and pads have lots of life left as they are recent.
Quick release steering wheel with column extension for better driving position.
Fixed seats. Can we thrown away or moved or replaced with others to suit your comfort.
Digidash.
Battery cut off switch.
Extended quick shift for transmission with 8 ball gear knob.
Access to digidash and gems ecu directly in front.
Plastic fuel tank with integrated swirlpot and high pressure fuel pump (running a return fuel system).
Transmission and Differential breather pots located at rear of car.
Brake bias done by foot pedal balance bar.
Compomotive 13” wheels with Toyo Proxes 888 competition tyres. Lots of tread left. Only two track evenings use.

Good Bits:-

I created this as a track tool first and foremost but also made it legal for the road. I’ve not MoT’d it for a few years now though as I don’t enjoy it much on the road.
Q plate means that the MoT is quick. Emissions is just, “is it smoking?”

It is ballistic on the track. I hope you can see that from the video (This Link), Straight cut gears make a noise and camera is hard mounted to structure.

There is very little that can get past this car and it also passes Donnington’s drive by noise reg.
It embarrasses cars significantly more expensive than it.
On track it’s very good. No brake fade, oil doesn’t get above 107 degrees, water not above 97. Everything in control despite spending it’s time flat out.
Regular oil changes, gear box oil change.

Not done many miles a year. Which is why it’s up for sale really. Got out once this year at Donnington for an evening. Just not finding the time.

Bad Bits :-

It’s showing some surface rust in places. (TADTS)
It’s not standard Westfield in any way. Body work, frame and chassis is about it everything else is made, modified or bespoke to the car. Which means I’ll need to tell you a few things about it for you to quickly take things apart.
It’s not made as a car for showing off outside McDonalds in. This is a car Darth Vader would drive. It’s a track rat.

Car in CV37 area near Stratford Upon Avon

I think this should be going for around £11K area.

Thanks

Mark

IMG_4972.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

IMG_4980.JPG

IMG_4981.JPG

new doc 2017-05-20 13.25.02_1 (002).jpg

new doc 2017-05-20 13.25.02_2 (002).jpg

new doc 2017-05-20 13.25.02_3 (002).jpg

• Like 1

Looks tidy enough to me and will be a quick car! Shouldn't hang around long at that money, GLWS :t-up:

The ethos of this car appeals :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.