Cheap Halfords tools

Steve (sdh2903)

yes, great spot. Even though I've got a tool chest burting with Halfords Advanced stuff, these were too good not to buy.

Might get the wife a set for her birthday too...

• Like 1

...living dangerously?

• Like 1

Well pleased with this, 20 quid and my westfield kit bag is almost there. I just need a claw hammer now and I'm all set!

• Like 1

thanks for the heads up ordered.. hopefully will have the same luck as Chris... bargain.

screwdrivers reduced  to £5.60 with a trade card :-)

6 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

screwdrivers reduced  to £5.60 with a trade card :-)

How do you get a Trade Card - must sort that - do you just apply (I have a VAT reg'd Ltd company)

Just now, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

How do you get a Trade Card - must sort that - do you just apply (I have a VAT reg'd Ltd company)

They're much harder to get now than they used to be. You're supposed to prove you're in one of their listed trades, or a direct equivalent now. Managers used to have more discretion, but according to my local manager, chatting to him about the reorganization of all the trade price structure last year, the managers don't really have much input in the acceptance procedure now.

The discounts aren't what they used to be on a lot of stuff, but if you can work angle one, it's deffinately still worth it!

On 5/21/2017 at 13:25, jonjh1964 said:

£12.75 is a 75% discount - ordered for pick up on Wednesday - many thanks for posting

bl**** good isnt that, tradecard on top.....?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dhutch said:

bl**** good isnt that, tradecard on top.....?

In the past, as Trade Cards gave a discount, (some tiny, some large) on practically anything in the store, and they were almost always commutative with any instore promotions, there were some staggering deals you could get.

I remember picking up one of the Roll Cab sets for a Neighbour, it was already nearly half price, and the trade card got me nearly fifty quid off on top of that! AND, they used to give you the VAT receipt for full price! (I still cannot see how that was legit, but several different stores that I'd shopped in did it, with no prompting from me!)

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I remember picking up one of the Roll Cab sets for a Neighbour, it was already nearly half price, and the trade card got me nearly fifty quid off on top of that! AND, they used to give you the VAT receipt for full price! (I still cannot see how that was legit, but several different stores that I'd shopped in did it, with no prompting from me!)

Doesn't mean you should claim the full VAT back....... or any of it if it's for personal use......

Didn't say I did.

just that they used to give them to me and that it seems odd.

(My accountants continually play hell with me for not claiming stuff at the best of times, apparently my "but it doesn't feel right" isn't a consideration). :/

39 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Didn't say I did.

just that they used to give them to me and that it seems odd.

(My accountants continually play hell with me for not claiming stuff at the best of times, apparently my "but it doesn't feel right" isn't a consideration). :/

:)

I can vouch for the quality of Halfords pro. tools. Have two socket sets with loads of options in there, set of flexi ratchet spanners which don't go floppy and loose at the hinge, large rack of standard combi spanners which are moderatley slim too so can often give you that little bit of clearance needed.

Thanks for the heads up, picked up both yesterday, cracking value and quality

Bagged the sockets for the bargain price - ideal for when out and about :)

thanks for posting.