Pott Shrigley, Peak District, Sun 21st May, 11am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

I just can't make the Glossop Car Show happen on Saturday because the weather is being very unco-operative. However, on Sunday, it has forecast top weather, so I suggest we go to The Tin Hut Coffee Tavern in Pott Shrigley, Macclesfield.

Meet at The Wheatsheaf, Baslow, DE45 1SR, 11am. It will take just short of a hour, over the tops of Buxton, to get to the very quirky lunch stop. It is a cute place in the ar ...middle of nowhere, you will love it.

Anybody joining us?

Sorry, can't do this weekend, visitors.

Sorry I can't make this as it's the Yorkshire Breakfast meet.

• Like 1

Staying in Bala at the mo so blatting round Snowdonia, llanberis pass and Evo triangle next on the list so can't make it, at least we have fab weather for it.

Sorry family stuff on Sunday.... have fun

I will be coming to this. See you tomorrow.

We tried to go to Glossop car show today, albeit in a MX5 with the roof up, the rain was torrential, so we had our lunch at The Snake Inn and came home. I got to try my new tyres out in the wet though, so all was not lost. Nankang NS2R's they're good.

I have just set the route and the views are going to be amazing, the roads twisty, hilly, the best the Peak District can offer. The conversation might be a bit suspect as the day goes on - you have been warned!!

See you, Billy, in the morning. Hope everyone else has a good day, thanks for your posts, and I am not jealous of the Llanberis Pass, not jealous, not at all, ooh Llanberis Pass.

:):):)

Don't forget Bill, second left at the sex shop and straight on till you see the chemist, then make a U turn! ;)

• Like 1

Good morning Miss Julie. Hope to be st the wheatsheaf for your meet at 11. 

Need to blow some cobwebs out!  

• Like 2

Alas, I'm unable to come out to play today, It's my youngest daughters birthday party. Have a great day folks. The weathers looking better. 

Lets hope @IanK had some birthday cake, we were bereft of the stuff today. At The Wheatsheaf we met Billy, Chris and Alan

DSC00511.JPG

After coffee, and a run down of everyone's ailments, we set off up through Buxton and over the tops. We turned right onto the lesser known roads, to take another right onto the even lesser known roads. If Alan has never been on the road before then you know it must really be in the bottom hole of nowhere :)

The Tin Hut Coffee Tavern, Pott Shrigley

DSC00514.JPG

DSC00516.JPG

Soon we arrived at The Tin Hut Coffee Tavern, it is a craft shop/cafe in a very peaceful, tranquil place, shame all these noisy sports cars have to come and ruin it :). After lunch, as we were close to where Billy lived, he carried on in the same direction, we took a route up past the Cat and Fiddle. Stopping for a 'Westfield Incontinence Society' stop, before landing at everyone's favourite Castle for cake. Willersley Castle had run out of cake, how very awful, someone must have been listening to our diabetes conversation and obviously decided that we should not eat so much sugar. Toasted Teacakes it was then, with the biggest dollop of strawberry jam that I have ever seen. The conversation? what is said at a meet stays on a meet, ok with you guys?

Willersley Castle car park

DSC00521.JPG

Sat outside the Castle

DSC00523.JPG

The cakes, of the toasted tea variety

DSC00524.JPG

Monkeys tea party at The Castle

DSC00522.JPG

Thanks for coming today everyone, at such short notice, I hope you have enjoyed the views and the roads as much as we have.

• Like 5

Miss Julie.....

Gentleman of a certain age, and ladies (and I use the term loosely) of a certain age do require looooooo stops. 

Thank you for, once again, finding the most out of the way 'licence' cafe in the middle of nowhere that served delicious food and coffee. 

The return road was interesting with animals asking for mint sauce at the side of the road.

Stunning roads and good company together with healthy political debate!!!!

And the best presentation of tea cakes money could buy...

(disclaimer..... not a sex shop in sight and browser history deleted.  The days conversation content is not supported by the management!!!)

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for another great day out. See you all next time.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chris Emm said:

IMG_1690.JPG

I think you need more Jam :oops:

• Like 2