Low level tyre/wheel rack

stephenh

I have a Brian James tyre/wheel rack surplus to my requirements. It has just come off my Brian James Clubman 1500 trailer. I believe that it will fit other BJ twin axle Clubman range trailers, but if you are interested let me know, and we can compare exact measurements. 

There is one problem, it is bent, but this doesn't prevent it from fitting perfectly satisfactorily to the front of the trailer, and doesn't affect it's use. It is really only cosmetic. Also, with heat and a sledge hammer I believe it could be straightened. you can see where the bend is in the second photo.

The rack comes complete with mounting nuts and bolts.

IMGP5895.JPG

IMGP5896.JPG

I think these normally sell for upwards of £150.00 second hand, which is less than half the new price. Because of the damage, I'm open to any reasonable offer however. These are quite heavy, and an awkward shape, so I'd prefer not to have to "post" it. 

I'm interested, can you let me know the width and where abouts you are please

my trailer is 191cms across the internal edges

Sorry Kevip6, looks like you've got the wider bed Clubman, mine's the narrower one, 1705mm. internally between the sides.

For the benefit of anyone who is still interested, I'm in North Staffs., near Uttoxeter.

No takers for this? 

I could probably bring to Blyton at the beginning of July, if that helps?

• 2 weeks later...

No takers? 

Like I said, no reasonable offer refused, it is surplus to my requirements.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

I'll take £50-, buyer collects or arranges delivery. Anyone?

I would give you £50 for this, I will also be at Blyton So subject to fitting my trailer I will have it.

2 hours ago, Michael Whitworth said:

I would give you £50 for this, I will also be at Blyton So subject to fitting my trailer I will have it.

Sounds good, Mike. Note my post of 19th. May for trailer width.

OK, I will check dimensions tomorrow and let you know.

Oops forgot to take the measurements...DOH!!!

I am sure I can make it fit but I will definitely check tomorrow.

My Trailer is 1650, I wonder if we can lose a couple of centimetres either side?

I would be willing to try it for size, if you are willing to bring it along.

ps just had a word with a mate who said he will make it fit, so I will deffo have it.

OK Mike, I was going to bring my trailer to Blyton anyway, to put my new XI on, so I'll put the tyre rack back on the trailer as that will be the easiest way for me to bring it to Blyton. It bolts on and unbolts quite easily, although if it isn't a simple bolt-on to your trailer, you'll have to sort out how you get it home from Blyton.

It should fit in my van no problem.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.