Essex Area (Others Welcome) - Now With Guaranteed Good Weather - Wings & Wheels 17th June

Kevin (Mr T)

Thought I would run this as a new thread, as I think it got a bit lost tagged onto the old one, judging by the lack of response!

This is a day out at the Essex & Suffolk Gliding Club and the poster has all of the info, including location........

591db162b43f8_ESGCWingsWheels.thumb.jpg.349b92e555b6e2fa77265d06ac428066.jpg

I work with one of the gliding instructors and we can probably pre-book any flights we might want to take, rather than being in the first come, first served queue on the day.

The flights last between 7 and 10 minutes, depending on weather conditions (so pretty good value at £25, compared to 60 seconds for £10 in a Westfield slalom at Stoneleigh!).

It starts at 9.00am, so it could be an early meet up and run to Wormingford and then get away once everyone who wants to has had their flight.

I do need an indication of numbers ASAP for attendance and flights, so shout up when you can.

18 minutes ago, bquansah said:

Looks great but will be in Le Mans. Have a fab time!

As much as a blat around Essex and a flight in a glider is going to be fun, I am envious!

If you plan to go next year, let me know and I'm in.

Sure! I will let you know, would like to do        Le Mans classic next year which will be in July. 

I've managed to split this event between two threads, so will now attempt to condense into just this one.

So far, weather permitting, attendees would appear to be:

Kevin (Mr T)

Dean (DE04)

Brain (BrianBas)

Rob

Surely we can add a few more names?

Sorry, can't make this one, have fun guys.

• Like 1

Anyone else considering this?

I may be being a bit previous but I might be on the road for this meet I'm expecting my supercharger back from polishing early next week most everything else is ready if it all goes okay and I can get it dynoed I'll be with you..... Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2017 at 16:11, Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO said:

I've managed to split this event between two threads, so will now attempt to condense into just this one.

Kevin (Mr T)

Dean (DE04)

Brain (BrianBas)

Rob

Barry (Geezergs) Possibly

Surely we can add a few more names?

One week today and the added bonus of the chance to experience a glider flight.

Kevin (Mr T)

Dean (DE04)

Brain (BrianBas)

Rob

Barry (Geezergs) Possibly

Is that the full roster? Surely we can add a few more names?

Monthly meet done and dusted today, so I will bump this one back to the top, just by way of a reminder and to see if we can add a few names.......don't be shy!

I'm now a "possible" on this as my prior commitment for next weekend may have changed (I should know by tomorrow). Can I ask if you're intending to go Saturday (sports cars... which ours are) or Sunday (classic cars....  which of course ours are as well!), or even both?

3 hours ago, KennyP said:

I'm now a "possible" on this as my prior commitment for next weekend may have changed (I should know by tomorrow). Can I ask if you're intending to go Saturday (sports cars... which ours are) or Sunday (classic cars....  which of course ours are as well!), or even both?

Just Saturday Ken, makes more sense.

Ok Kev, should be able to confirm or otherwise tomorrow.

• Like 1