Essex Area June Monthly Meet (with breakfast) 11th June

Kevin (Mr T)

19 hours ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO said:

Last shout up for breakfast with North London Area on Sunday, meeting at 8.30am at the Lodge, a drive out to North Weald for food, then back to the Lodge.

Names in are:

Kevin

Bernie

Mike

Paul

Mark

Dean

Ken (if his car survives)

Barry (if sh*t stops happening, but sounding less hopeful!)

Anyone else fancy it?

Currently, the forecast for Sunday is dry, sunny and warm!

I might be blagging another passenger ride, this time with Darve as he lives less than a mile from me but he will confirm nearer the time due to potential family stuff.

If he doesnt go, might give the Mazda another trip down the A12 as cant resist that Museli.....promise I'll drive the Westy to Wings and Wheels!

Sorry Guys - going to have to decline this one. All my free time is taken with building a log cabin / summer house in my garden. Have a tough deadline to meet so can't even spare a few hours. Have a great blat over to North Weald and enjoy you fruit and muesili breakfast.

Any more takers for Woodbridge 15/7 ? so far we have 4 Westies - Paul, Dean Kevin and me. 

I'm going to attend Woodbridge but only as a spectator, doing Snetterton in August instead.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, timessex said:

Any more takers for Woodbridge 15/7 ? so far we have 4 Westies - Paul, Dean Kevin and me. 

I'd love to but I'll be at Nardo track in southern Italy :sun:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, timessex said:

Bernie and I will be there :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Culver said:

Silly question, new to this , what is woodbridge ? 

It is a little vague isnt it!?

It is an old airfield which they can set-up as a circuit but it has the added bonus of lots of run off etc...some more traditional circuits only have a metre or two between the circuit and the barriers.  My first trackday was at Cadwell about 15 years ago and I made it to the barrier in a 205 GTI, if it would of been an airfield it probably wouldnt have been a problem!

Here is the link for it;

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/index.php?route=product/product&path=77&product_id=386

• Like 2

Ken (if his car survives).....

It did... mostly!  After 1964 miles its got a damper with no oil in it, doubtful alternator, dodgy wipers, play in the steering, gear knob falls off, oh and its full of water (forgot to drill holes) but it got me home :-) :-).  Remedial works tomorrow, and depending on the damper situation I should be there :-)

K

PS...   don't suppose anyone has a spare rear damper I could borrow by any chance?

5 hours ago, KennyP said:

Ken (if his car survives).....

It did... mostly!  After 1964 miles its got a damper with no oil in it, doubtful alternator, dodgy wipers, play in the steering, gear knob falls off, oh and its full of water (forgot to drill holes) but it got me home :-) :-).  Remedial works tomorrow, and depending on the damper situation I should be there :-)

K

PS...   don't suppose anyone has a spare rear damper I could borrow by any chance?

Usual issues then!

Keep us posted Ken and hope to see you Sunday at 8.30am!

I've planned a route that will take us on back roads from the Lodge to North Weald via - Bicknacre, Danbury, Sandon, Great Baddow, Galleywood, Margaretting, Fryerning, Blackmore and Onger. 32 miles and Co-Pilot says 90 minutes (not a chance!), but it would be good to be leaving the Lodge at 8.30 sharp.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if Dave is going yet, if he doesnt I'll probably pop along and the Maz

54 minutes ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO said:

Spectator/passenger?

I'm always up for a passenger ride, its what I'm best at - being ballast!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO said:

Is it with Dave or without?

I'm not sure if Dave is coming but if he doesnt, I'll pop down in the Mazda and try to blag a ride - see above.......

• Like 1