Clan McWesty: Leadhills - SUNDAY 28th MAY 2017

Rab (bombero) Reid

Thanks Rab,

Managed a couple of hours out this aft - did the lower half of the route - the scenery is stunning, hopefully the weather will be kind to us.

I dont think there is a straight bit on the route (but thats what we want isnt it??!!)

Dave.

• Like 2

Managed to wangle the day off so looks like I'm able to make this. Anyone heading down from Glasgow area to meet up?

I'm a possible for this, but heading from the east so would likely just meet at Abington. Can't confirm till Sunday though :oops:

Looking like I may not make this one as I'm on airport duty on Sunday and also need to earn some man points 

If anything changes I'll let you know. Sorry guys but even if there are only two or three it's well worth the effort. I did some of the route yesterday coming home from another run. Great roads and scenery.

Bob

Just been informed I'm Pitlochry this weekend, sorry can't make it. Was looking forward to this one as it would never roads. 

Gees need to check before hitting submit.   At Pitlochry      and be new roads. 

Meet Abington Services 10:00.

Hoping weather stays fine for Sunday - A few points on the planned route (see first post for link).

About 130 miles from, and back to Abington services .I would estimate around 4 - 5 hours with a few stops.
Generally all B roads, so lots of twists and turns, but should be little traffic.
Cafe planned at 2/3 point (Carsphairn)
Petrol at 80 mile point - but this is unmanned card only place. (Brim tanks at Abington essential)
We can change route if we need to.

Looking forward to a great day - I will be there whatever, but hopefully there will be at least 4 of us.

Cheers,

Dave.

• Like 1

Sorry, I can't make it. I will be out in the car but with the wife and she hates Blatting. 

One of my workmates lives in Leadhills and told me that the Gold Panning Championships are on this weekend (no kidding, it's a real thing), so it might be busier than usual around Leadhills and Wanlockhead.

Bob

On 22/05/2017 at 18:42, H.7 said:

I'm a possible for this, but heading from the east so would likely just meet at Abington. Can't confirm till Sunday though :oops:

Sorry, won't make the run on Sunday now. Hope the weather's kind to y'all :)

Weather looks good down here, for tomorrow - I know it will be a low turn out, but any last minute entries will be made very welcome!
Hopefully we can find some quiet roads as Edinburgh today was impossible..... 

Steve - If you have any particular road 'requests' to aid your 'testing' we can tailor the route!

See you at Abington

Dave.

• Like 1