New member - first post

Scotty72

Hello

Joined the WSCC a few weeks ago and just recieved my welcome pack!

Had my FW for just over a month now and cant wait to get in it every weekend (big grin)

Car is a 2013 plate running on 2.0 zetec blacktop with webcon tb's and alpha ecu tuned at Northampton Motorsports and pumping out 170bhp.

Would like some tips/advice about any track days, hillclimbs etc in the East mids.

Also any tips on extracting some more horses (as cheap as possible) from the zetec.

Cheers fellow members

20170318_140624.jpg

Welcome you brought your car from Andrew at toybox I see had mine from their too nice people to deal with only been out once in mine yet so got to break myself in as Bec it a bit different to the norm lol

Yeah Andrew's a great guy. Glad the weather is warming up a little as well.

I was a little unsure about a bec so decided to stick with what i knew.

:ww:from Essex and congratulations on buying a great looking car!

Thanks Kevin. Looking forwards to some summer fun :d

Yeah I know what you mean they are so different and very raw but that's what I wanted to be honest as had come from lotus Elise's which are very much an experience in themselves but started to get bored then tried a boxster and thought they were poor in what I was after. First experience of my megablade is fantastic but wouldn't like to do long journeys in it can see when people say it's more of a track car and I was contemplating an xtr2 glad I didn't go in that direction for road use but would love to take one out on track

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Nice looking car, enjoy.

Lots of friendly and informative advice available via this forum.

:ww:

Have a look at the Member Map, see who is near. You nearest Area Organisers (AOs) should be in touch soon also. Good looking car BTW.

Welcome!

the Derby and Notts area isn't too far from you at all they hold regular monthly meets and have some very active Speed Series members! Also, a little to your north west is the Peak District area, they don't have a fixed monthly meet as such, but do lots and lots of runs out around the Peak District, at least once a month, and often two or three times a month!

@Garry Bunn - Derby and Notts AO is the Derby and Notts AO, @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO Is the Peak District AO; we don't have members divided into areas as such, everyone is welcome to attend as many different Areas meets as they fancy! :d

:ww:  Hello and welcome to the club. Have a look in the Events section of the forum for when we meet, and more importantly where, it was Lichfield today at the Curborough Sprint Track before heading into the Peak District. So it was either a morning meet, an afternoon meet, or all day, to suit your plans. If you can, pop along to Garry's Derby/Notts meet, as that is an excellent place to start getting to know people.

Hope to see you soon,

Julie