mx55 urt

cabbie

Hello again back after many years

Just purchased SEIW reg MX55 URT,yellow 1.8 zetec

I would like to trace its history as all I have is an MOT and Logbook can anyone help?

Is this the infamous Cat-C "flood Damaged" car TVR Glen was advertising on Pistonheads last year?

If so check the brake and fuel lines under the car for damage from where it had been lifted using a fork lift truck.

It was infamous for the photos of it in the ad, lifted from the drivers side via a forklift truck.  While this is not a crime (if not recommended), it appeared as if the car's fuel lines and brake lines were being crushed by the weight of the car on the forks.  It was not the car that was infamous, rather the lifting technique.  Strongly suggest you check the lines are undamaged, but very much hope you and your new toy have many happy miles and smiles together.

• Like 1

How will it be no longer cat C? Surely it will remain a cat C for the rest of its days?

10 hours ago, sdh2903 said:

How will it be no longer cat C? Surely it will remain a cat C for the rest of its days?

I understand that you can if it is inspected by a company authorised to do it. 

E.g. https://www.removecategory.co.uk/

If it passes, there is still a HPI marker but it shows as "inspected" rather than "cat x"