Do you have 'just enough' drills..?

John K

From recent threads its become apparent I can't compete with you guys on the number of cars or hoovers I own.

So I am going for something I feel confident with.

How many drills do you have?

I'll start the bidding at 5 - and these aren't shelf queens, they've all done significant tours of duty

Can either of you beat this or do you want to declare any other collections of must haves (or what our Significant Other Halves would call 'pointless indulgences')

Drills.jpg

Lol you're not the only one with a drill fetish..

IMG_20170509_164834.jpg

E.T.A   and a bench Piller drill

Damn you and your air tools...

By chance are our green Bosch's the same one? About 25 years old, full metal gear box

CSB700-2RE

IMHO the last of the great green Bosch drills, that's when I think they split into consumer grade (Green) and Trade (Blue)

I'm actually embarrassed at how nerdy this post will read, but on this forum being a tool nerd should be celebrated..!

Regards let's see:

old Bosch Pro cordless, bit low in power but fine for countersinks

DeWalt, 

Makita clone (Site)

Makita compact.

Bosch 110 V SDS for those tricky walls!

air drill, hand held, no name

Pillar drill

So, after breakages and worn out, thrown away jobs, I'm down to sev n working/in use drills, :)

1 hour ago, John K said:

Damn you and your air tools...

By chance are our green Bosch's the same one? About 25 years old, full metal gear box

CSB700-2RE

IMHO the last of the great green Bosch drills, that's when I think they split into consumer grade (Green) and Trade (Blue)

I'm actually embarrassed at how nerdy this post will read, but on this forum being a tool nerd should be celebrated..!

Yeah it's the same one but mines a 2rle and I also forgot my old faithful my original Bosch 24v SDS 

1494350866110-557429233.jpg

Wait until you see what I got,  classic drills :)

I can do classic drills. :laugh:

IMG_4539.JPG

Oh, you beat me to it.    Mine is the same black/decker you have there, the orange and silver one and with the latest technology, wait for it -------2 speed . The Titan is popular with us lot I see.

• Like 1

bl**** hell, I'd forgotten about the old black and decker in orange, got one somewhere that was my dads, not seen it in years though. It's probably with the silver coloured Black and Decker that was his dad's, that I also kept!

Yeah, the orange was two speed, and I've a feeling the silver one was single speed!

6 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

bl**** hell, I'd forgotten about the old black and decker in orange, got one somewhere that was my dads, not seen it in years...

Thinking about it, when I was in my early teens, I used to use my dad's old B&D it was 'mostly' silver. But I'm sure originally it was metallic / Hammerite blue. Just most of the paint had fell off.

I can't remember for sure, the main casing was deffinately silver, but there was a second colour on it, for some reason gold or yellow sticks in my mind, but it'll probably turn out to be grey oil with wood shaving stuck in it. (Grandad was big into carpentry :d )

51 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

bl**** hell, I'd forgotten about the old black and decker in orange, got one somewhere that was my dads, not seen it in years though. It's probably with the silver coloured Black and Decker that was his dad's, that I also kept!

Yeah, the orange was two speed, and I've a feeling the silver one was single speed!

Two speed and Hammer.

I found this picture, definitely my dad's old drill...

download.jpg

• Like 1

No hammer on mine.   My motor smokes when it under stress and it's been doing that for 30 years but still works ok. Who said B&D were rubbish?

inherted from my dad as well.

I did have a Stanley Bridges back in the day, but that died years ago.