" I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN....."For members who just want to share what they have been doing

DamperMan

9 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Looking very nice.

Are you rich. 

Thanks, not rich anymore! 

21 hours ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Almost finished a lengthy kitchen re-fit

IMG_20171008_182533818.jpg

Wow, looking good.

I had a new garage roof fitted a couple of weeks ago, so today I completely emptied it  (first time it's been empty for 25 years) and power washed the floor, sealed all the joints, put new legs on the bench then had to get it all back inside before it got too dark. I now just need to find a home for everything. 

20170929_104801.jpg

20171014_151550.jpg

Russ, more pictures now .................... and Robin, why is there a mummy on your garage roof ? :d

For me, I have been painting the Forth road bridge aka the extension,  today, well it damn well feels like the bridge. Its going to take 7.5 litres to paint it out and I have an access tower for the ceiling coming for next week from work.............. I hate painting, especially when its blat weather this afternoon. Also boarded out the inside of the shed roof to stop the trickle of black rain.......

3 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

.................... and Robin, why is there a mummy on your garage roof ? :d

There's another one hiding behind the bushes. 

Both cars are now back inside and most of the stuff is more or less where it will be living. Need to get the boarding back up and painted and all the gardening tools on. 

33 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Russ, more pictures now .................... and Robin, why is there a mummy on your garage roof ? :d

He's only 2 weeks old, so get him home mid December. His name is Albert :) and bred by the guy that looks after @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO Mx5, small world. 

IMG_4872.thumb.JPG.5325814403f090b2e4a542e9da1d1b0a.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussH said:

He's only 2 weeks old, so get him home mid December. His name is Albert :) and bred by the guy that looks after @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO Mx5, small world. 

IMG_4872.thumb.JPG.5325814403f090b2e4a542e9da1d1b0a.JPG

He's going to be a big chap. Great stuff. That will be fun with Xmas trees and lights !! Our Patterdale, Henry will be 10 months old when the tree goes up and probably 10 months and 1 day old, when its trashed :d

Fascinating day yesterday, went to the Jaguar factory at West Bromwich. Horrible journey up and down the M5 in the rain. Glad I was being chauffeured in a plush Sprinter based minibus.

The "Spitfires to Sports Cars" tour we did was fascinating, our guide was an "old hand", who had worked at the factory since the 60's.

Intriguing to see the F type being assembled by a mixture of manualmatic and robots. Each car being being built to a customers exact specification. Final panel fit checked by a human, apparently the robots can't match the human eye and touch. Similar story through each stage of body coating/painting. Highly recommend the tour if anybody gets the chance. Won't comment on trying to get back onto the M5  from Castle Bromwich at 4.30 pm!

We bought our first house earlier in the year (the reason the Westie progress is so slow) and it needs a lot of work. I’m learning as I go with some of the jobs. Recently had a go at studding a plasterboaring. 

There was was an old back boiler and gas fire in the chimney breast, so needed something to tidy the gap up a little. TVs on the wall aren’t to some people’s taste but I think it’s come out pretty well

it just needs skimming which I won’t be doing myself.  

Mike 

B3C38944-2DD1-4D79-B51E-658A3A09C820.jpeg

BB832AEB-87F2-4FA4-86CE-12525A190438.jpeg

C8FE45D7-7A8F-42B3-85CB-0F92D833167B.jpeg

• Like 2