Wilwood powerlite M16 calipers Vented (Updated)

potster

I said I would have them 6 days ago!!? And I bought some discs on the strength of it!

Did you PM to confirm?

Most sellers don't tend to regard an "I'll have them if...", without further confirmation as a definite sale. Some questions it's just very difficult for a seller to answer, I'm afraid. If they're not technically minded, it can even be impossible for them to answer. 

I'd always suggest both om'ing and posting in a thread with a definitive yes I'll have something, or, I will have these if they'll fit, but would you mind holding them for a day while I check? Note, it's quite reasonable for the seller to decline to hold things, though most people will. If able, they will often help as regards fit/suitability, but please note it is unfair to put the onus on them, as few of us will have experimented or tested with many different options. We just know it worked for us.

The PM is so that the deal can be arranged, with no confusion, the thread posting is so that others can see your interest, and a handy fall back if the seller happens to miss your PM.

Lastly, email, and PM's are not perfect, they go missing, get caught in spam filters etc. If you've not had an answer in 48 hours, do follow up...

Communication is the key! (That goes both ways, too. If selling something, you need to keep an eye on your thread and your PM's. If you're going to be away from a computer for a while, with an advert running, please do post to that effect in the thread, "I'm away with work/on holiday for a couple of weeks" etc, just to let people know there will be a delay in any replies).

1 hour ago, Jim G said:

I said I would have them 6 days ago!!? And I bought some discs on the strength of it!

Damn, that's a shame.

PS, Please don't read the previous post as aimed solely at you, Jim. It was just a few thoughts brought on by a handful of for sale threads recently.

16 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Damn, that's a shame.

PS, Please don't read the previous post as aimed solely at you, Jim. It was just a few thoughts brought on by a handful of for sale threads recently.

Don't worry Dave I don't take things personally, and yes it is a shame. I possibly should have done a bit more to try secure the deal but when people don't seem to be on here a lot and posts don't get answered, it is difficult. I bought the vented discs off here and it took days. I understand that we are all busy and a lot of members don't seem to check in regularly, but we got there in the end. 

Personally, I think saying you will have an item on the post should put you first in line then details sorted by PM.

1 minute ago, Jim G said:

Personally, I think saying you will have an item on the post should put you first in line then details sorted by PM.

I sort of agree,though the PM follow up should be pretty quick. What does often catch people out though, are two things, one is that the parts for sale may we'll be known about elsewhere; note I phrased that carefully, as they're not necessarily advertised somewhere else, it's often just word of mouth that sees someone contact the seller directly, which obviously bypasses the Boardroom, and the second...

I'll be honest, this is one of my pet peeves, but it's when someone see's the advert and contacts the buyer, arranging a deal. Whether by PM or sometimes it's someone they know and can phone etc. But, this is the bit that winds me up (as someone who buys off the Boardroom myself), is when neither the buyer nor the seller posts anything on the thread to say the item is sold.

As a club, we're no where near as onerous as some clubs I've been a member of when it comes to buying and selling rules for adverts, but one of the things we do ask ALL sellers to do please, is when an item is sold, edit the first post of your forms sale thread to reflect the fact, AND/OR edit the threads title to include the word SOLD. I and the other moderators do end up wasting time when we spot it, editing the titles to show items have sold, but no one can mind read if the fact isn't mentioned anywhere in a thread.

(NB, this time, please don't take this as a dig against the original poster oft his thread, it's aimed more generally!)

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.