New member (Sutton Coldfield) trying to buy a Westfield

Gordonwilly

Just now, Steven (WE51STE) - Joint Warwickshire AO said:

Never had the pleasure but I get the feeling he would be in front ( I'm more of Wing Commander Slow )

I've had fast Westfields, but Jon's is a different league :o

:d

• Like 1

So I have to come clean now...I brought home my first Westfield yesterday. It is the Glen from Manchester built one that I bought from JonD that was recently advertised for sale (Westfield 2.0 Duratec SEiW with 2000S chassis (Colour - Black).). It wasn't a V8 I thought I'd buy, and I don't think I could have found a better put together and better looked after car...which came with a load of bits.

I was out in it three time yesterday, including in the dark (brought back very distant memories of rallying in deepest Wales in the 70's!!). Whilst have have been a life long (fast) motorcycle fan (best bike I ever owned was a 1990 Kawasaki ZXR750 h2, which reminds me of the Westfield), I think the Westfield is better (but that's just my opinion!!).

And I have just thought that as it has a full cage, I can probably get a soft-bag roof box and get to Le Mans at some point with out having to sleep in a hedge!!

Thank you to all those that gave such good advice...just now got to find time to get out and about in it!!

• Like 2

Youv'e got a good one there, I was involved in the build, Glen lives round the corner from me. :yes:

shiny duratec.jpg

DSCF0022.JPG

48 minutes ago, Gordonwilly said:

And I have just thought that as it has a full cage, I can probably get a soft-bag roof box and get to Le Mans at some point with out having to sleep in a hedge!!

Thank you to all those that gave such good advice...just now got to find time to get out and about in it!!

Absolutely do-able, I put some rubber on the care to stop wearing through the powdercoat. 

IMG_0233.thumb.JPG.eddd1eed1e00639cb92453275c044d29.JPG

That was packed for a track day at Anglesey with all camping and track day related parafinalia. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

Youv'e got a good one there, I was involved in the build, Glen lives round the corner from me. :yes:

shiny duratec.jpg

DSCF0022.JPG

is this a genuine 2000s chassis?

I thought they all only looked like this at the front and the tubes  in red go straight back to the bulkhead?

P1000984.jpg