Clan McWesty: Aboyne Abound! 14th MAY 2017

Rab (bombero) Reid

If I'm not at Glenshee ski centre, carry on without me. I'm guessing you'll be there about 12 noon in order to get to Aboyne before 1pm, so if I'm coming, I'll try to be there for 11:30. I'm hoping for the weather to improve as I'm coming over 2 mountain ranges, but fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Just had a thought.........I'm only assuming you'll be going via Glenshee ski centre. If not. please let me know.

Car's ready to go, but just nearly set fire to it as 2 wires shorted on my accessory power outlet. All sorted now though. Phew!!!

I plan to join everybody at Glenshee ski centre too.  I expect to get their between 11.30 and 12.00.  Hopefully will meet up with the Highland contingent there.

Yes, we're definitely going via Glenshee. See you there!

Matt

Absolutely cracking day guys! Really enjoyed my first Clan McWesty run! Sorry I lost you guys, when I'd turned around I ended up following David, before it dawning on me he was probably heading home! By the time I realized a couple miles down road I thought I'd just head for home! 

Good to see you all again! 

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 3

Sorry you followed the wrong car Tom. Yes, we were heading home after the meal. I did wonder why you were following us, so that explains it. When I could no longer see you in my mirrors, I thought it was just that you couldn't keep up!!!  :-)

Yes, what a great day, and thanks to everybody for making it brilliant.

Hope everybody got home safely.

David

Edited by David-hrv
Poor grammar
  • Like 4

Yes, great day and fine weather for most of it. Very nice food too. We all got split up after joining the A90 but were all heading to different home areas, so not that surprising really. 350 miles door to door for me and 10 hours. Arrived home just as Dawn was taking the roast beef out of the oven - perfect timing

until next time:yes:

Bob

• Like 4

Hi ALL

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves as I did! Thanks to Campbell for the route and lunch stop :t-up:

I stuck with MattNav and we peeled off the A90 for Glamis, Coupar Angus and Scone .. great decision!

Great day , great weather(mostly) and great company....... passenger seat now permanently booked ;););):yes:

• Like 3

Thought about heading through Doune and over the Campsies enroute back to Paisley but was low on fuel by that time and wasn't sure if anywhere in the countryside would be open after 5pm on a Sunday, so played safe. Roast beef justified that decision. :yes:

Bob