Recommendation for Cordless Handheld Hoover

John K

I need a relatively agile hand held hoover to suck up the dust that seems to collect on all my gadgets and shelves.

Happy to spend Dyson type money, but interested in other folks experiences / comments.

Just about to order the GTECH one, so will keep an eye on this thread....

Cheers...

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Interesting, the old dear across the way was raving how good the upright was.

Didn't know they also did a hand held...

Will definitely be interested in what you find

Makita 18V Li Ion, shares the batteries with other nice stuff...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Cheers...

We've had Gtech upright and a handheld now for a couple of years.  The handheld is very powerful, better than our previous dysons. Very very good although correspondingly expensive.

Wife was complaining about the weight of the Dyson being too much for her, so I didn't want to rob her of hoovering duties.

We did look in to this a while ago and ended up with the basic Dyson V6 as it covered what we thought you needed two GTECs to achieve. One of the key elements to it's usefulness is to be able to locate it so it's easily accessible and close to a socket so it's charged. We've never vacuumed so much, the slightest need to vacuum and it's easy to get the cordless to tidy it up, even the children tidy up. The old ordered Vac hardly gets used now. 

1 hour ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Makita 18V Li Ion, shares the batteries with other nice stuff...

Got a link by any chance?

3 minutes ago, BCF said:

Got a link by any chance?

I have a bucket full of Bosch Li-ons, so I'm looking at their options.

That was one thing I did wonder about the upright GTech, it seemed to be a plug in phone style plug in charger.

I do like things with formal charging stations that the device locks into.

Why does anything to do with cars and now seemingly hoovers, have so many + / - considerations

Do any offer the option to swap body parts for carbon..?

This is a good deal

It comes from Dyson themselves and with a one year warranty will be like new.

I tried to post the link but it keeps connecting to my eBay account so here are the details below.

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 19.06.46.png

We've got the Dyson V6, SWMBO tells me it's a great bit of kit, particularly with two large furry dogs creating dust and seemingly continually moulting. Way to technical for me to master!!

Just seen the Dyson v6 animal in sainsburys for £220. Not sure if this is good or not but I guess the v8 would sound better.

• Like 1

I am 100% impressed with the V8. 

It really is so easy to use and the suction is amazing.

It is way better than I imagined it would be.

• Like 1

I generally speaking, don't like the Dyson stuff. Came across the plug-in uprights at customers for years, they were almost always disappointed with them, and more often than not, they seemed to be either broken, or freshly repaired and ready to break again as soon as you looked at them.

Then the cordless machines started appearing, and every single person I met with them seemed to rave about them. Plus, when ever we borrowed one to tidy up with after any work, they did genuinely seem to work well.

So I bought a V8 last year, and like Geoffrey said, its way better than I imagined it would be, with way more suction. (Speciaally on extra sucky Turbo-boost mode!!)

(Cordless types like this) are just so quick, light and easy to use, you find yourself just grabbing them and giving a quick clean over the minute you spot a bit of mess, rather than waiting till you're having a tidy.

Takes a cleaning up after a molting cat entirely in its stride, too.

The only real downside is the small capacity, but even then, they're so quick and easy to empty into the bin, it's no big problem.

Looking forward to the search results on this one... ???

• Like 1