Thornes Park, Wakefield, Friday 7th July

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

You want to meet up at the Rothwell Sports Centre around 14:45 so I can pick up ticket and help with any set up?

Can do.

Do you think we'll need a gazebo ?

Wouldn't be a bad thing if we have a few people arriving.

Also a hog roast would be nice ;-)

• Like 1

There's a burger van, will that do? 

I suppose so :-)

I might try get down for a hour or so.  Although this is not as simple as it sounds, as I am on crutches having ruptured my right Achilles almost two week ago whilst on holiday, so am not driving at the moment.....

Hopefully can get a lift and will see you there (also may be going to Blyton Sat/Sun).

If I see someone hobbling around on crutches, I'll say hello. 

We should be 5 cars together on a club stand, but not sure where we are on the field. 

Roary is all ready and I'll be leaving at 14:20 to meet at Rothwell Sports Centre for 14:45.

• Like 1

See you there, Barry's joining us there too. 

Just got home after a good event, 5 carsmade it, and we were the only Westfields there amongst the hundreds of cars. The rain held off, with only one small shower to worry about. 

20170707_153908.jpg

20170707_153941.jpg

• Like 1

Great day out and thanks to @Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO for organising our entries. Got very busy and was pleasantly surprised that Wakefield had such a large custom/classic car scene.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Guys

First of all a big thanks to Robin for organising this (I think he remembers how peed of I was last year at the 25 year rule!).

It was great to meet up with the new faces such as Andy and Derek :-) and Debs and Craig who we have met before. It's the first car show I've been to where I haven't seen all the cars because we were too busy talking. A cracking afternoon and Evening and well done for Wakefield as well, long may it continue.

Barry

• Like 4

I've got to echo the sentiment, well done Robin, it was good to see a group of Westie's - hopefully this has raised the profile of the club.  I was surprised how big the event is, 100's of car exhibiting and it was free to get in!

I managed to hobble around on my crutches and ii was good to see some other friends there with their family Rolls, I managed to blag a chair and beer - much appreciated!!

Just waiting to be picked up, going to Blyton to see the Sprint I should have been doing:(

• Like 2