Front carbon fiber cycle wings

DELETE ME

Much as I like the look of CSR style wings, you do see them everywhere now, I think the real carbon versions of classic Westfield wings like Andy @Sycho has look fantastic; would be my choice too, if I was still in the cycle wing club. (Though the vented CSR wings from @carbon-nv might always just tempt me to the dark side..)

Perhaps I need some carbon clamshells! :laugh:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Glove said:

With Carbon-NV being a WSCC trader, does that mean there will be a discount for us members?

Thank you for the positive comments gents, much appreciated

I do run some time-limited discount deals from time to time, but 'am always willing to consider a modest discount for members ordering multiple items in the same order

Just for info, I can also provide a small kit of materials for a reasonable price if going for the 'clean' fitting look by using bighead fasteners. This would usually include adhesive, carbon/e-glass fabric and epoxy resin plus some other consumables, if you favour adding some extra reinforcement to the bonded fasteners for peace of mind. This will usually save you having to purchase larger product quantities and I'm always happy to offer advice on usage also

Which is what I have done with my Carbon NV CSR wings.

Not a great photo but there are no screws or bolts anywhere to be seen :)

P1020439.thumb.JPG.d072f0bed327cb6c7664e645f8c18fe3.JPG

3 hours ago, carbon-nv said:

Thank you for the positive comments gents, much appreciated

I do run some time-limited discount deals from time to time, but 'am always willing to consider a modest discount for members ordering multiple items in the same order

Just for info, I can also provide a small kit of materials for a reasonable price if going for the 'clean' fitting look by using bighead fasteners. This would usually include adhesive, carbon/e-glass fabric and epoxy resin plus some other consumables, if you favour adding some extra reinforcement to the bonded fasteners for peace of mind. This will usually save you having to purchase larger product quantities and I'm always happy to offer advice on usage also

Will you be visiting stoneleigh? If so I can purchase them from you there and save the postage.

23 hours ago, Glove said:

Will you be visiting stoneleigh? If so I can purchase them from you there and save the postage.

Also interested in a bit of collect in person "show day" discount :)

Carbon-NV did not have a stall at Stoneligh so had to make a direct purchase. 

Just waiting on delivery confirmation. 

It's a shame Carbon Mods have packed up IMO. They did some Dax pattern ones which were very shallow and followed the curve of the tyre very closely.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

IMG_5222.thumb.jpg.fe549c7be2d42d04021753ea6c173d24.jpgMy first set of carbon fibre cycle wings did not fit with my 205 tyres on the front.

Picked up another set that fit perfectly and glued them on today using PU18 Adhesive as recommended.

Phase 1 complete.

IMG_4712.JPG

IMG_4713.JPG

They look really smart. Who's are they ? I would also massively key the carbon and fibre glass over the top of the bars too, to prevent 'lift off' 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2017 at 15:13, Sycho said:

Or these ones from carbon-nv :t-up:

IMG_0574.thumb.JPG.94ef906227228f07a4cc1f29eb62f159.JPG

Do you have problems getting the wheel off? The lip of the cycle wing is long and covers the tyre quite a bit

I have the same carbon cycle wings and both my front wheels come on and off with no issues.

1 hour ago, Glove said:

Do you have problems getting the wheel off? The lip of the cycle wing is long and covers the tyre quite a bit

Yes these are carbon-nv wings, no proplem getting the wheel off  but I did find them tight on width with 205 tyres & bent the brackets so they are now closer to the wheels than standard.