How fast was this tool going...?

John K

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-39664987

On a narrow residential street with cars parked either side.

He's got to have been doing 30mph.

And looking how far he shunted the Merc - can you imagine if that was a person...?

Actually quite horrific viewing.

Some cars shouldnt have airbags. This is a case that the scumbags that drive like that ought to have an airbag switch off device fitted. It may stop them from re-offending as thats what they will be doing again and again. I would say he was probably doing 50 mph. My mum lives in a residential street with cars both sides and has 20 mph signs at either end. Cars and vans scream down there setting off car alarms , because they rock the cars as they speed through. And the idiots obviously dont care.........sign of the times unfortunately.

• Like 1

Unfortunately he was stunned enough to stop him running off up the road

Years ago now, doing some work for a client (who was a mate of my old business partner) in Manchester city centre, he offered to run us over to a supplier to pick something or other up.

Guy was a dangerous moron of the highest nature. Has an Audi S8 and in a city centre side street, one-way, but with cars parked either side, he hit 65/70 mph. I told him, well yelled, to stop at end of the road, and I got out and walked back. 

He wouldn't re-offend in my world because he wouldn't have a driving licence ever again. :swear:

1 hour ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

He wouldn't re-offend in my world because he wouldn't have a driving licence ever again. :swear:

To be honest in my ideal world he would have trouble driving to reoffend with two broken knees...

4 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

You assume he has a driving licence and would care if it was withdrawn.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dpeffers said:

You assume he has a driving licence and would care if it was withdrawn.

Well indeed, but short of the kneecapping remedy suggested by John above, it is the best the law can offer short of incarceration. Prison...hmmm... :yes: 

I think the new speeding fines will make a lot of difference.   If your a scumbag, deal drugs and drive an old BMW like you stole it, as you have no taxable income or your name is Gary Barlow you'll be given food bank vouchers for doing 40 in a 30... if your a good tax payer and doing the same you'll get life and 11 points on your licence.   Something like that anyway!

• Like 1