Recommend a garage for a cam belt and water pump change

bigals

Hi I have just purchased Andrew Reeves old car and as a precaution i am looking to get it booked in for a cam belt and water pump with a possible rolling road tune afterwards .

Any recommendations on where to take it please  . I am located in Hungerford west berkshire so local preferred 

Thank's Alan 

Hi, Alan,

I took my Sapphire Cosworth to Stag Service Station in Chilton Foliat (on a friend's recommendation) for a water pump and clutch replacement a few years ago.  Tim Ball there is a local rally man (latterly running a Darrian) and did a good, careful  job.  Chilton Foliat, Hungerford. RG17 0TF  Tel: (01488) 682202.

Track Day Toyz (Unit 5A, Uffington Trading Estate, Uffington SN7 7QD - Tel:(01367) 820285) did a few litle pre-IVA jobs on my Westfield Eleven last year.  Steve and Lee are also quite happy working on cars that are not "run-of-the-mill".  It's a nice run over the Berkshire Downs to Uffington from Hungerford as well.

I don't think that either of these garages have a rolling road.  My advice with that is to take it to a rolling road where the operator is well versed at your type of engine and knows the wrinkles for it.  I would suggest that it would be worth you ringing Neil Slark at Slark Race Engineering - Boscombe Down Business Park, Mills Way, Amesbury, Salisbury SP4 7RX  (by Solstice Park, alongside the A303)  Tel: (01980) 624477.  He is a legend in the A series engine world (and did a good job at reasonable cost on mine)  but I know that he has tuned other cars as well.

Simon

Thanks Simon , I know John and Tim at stag both top guys with the spanners as I use them for my tin top so might be worth a shout but I got the impression that they would rather not tinker with non standard tune cars at work . I might try track day toyz.  Anyone used btec racing ? As I found some receipts from previous work in the paperwork folder that came with the car 

Thank's Alan 

• 4 weeks later...

Having just got the car back today from Track Day Toyz Limited.Unit 5a Uffington Trading Estate.Faringdon.Oxfordshire.

I can thoroughly recommend them ,  she's had a full cambelt and water pump change including all the pulleys , I also had the car put through a mot which failed on the first attempt due to a seized piston on the near side front brake caliper . This has now been rectified, I also asked for the alignment to be checked and changed but due to some play in the front wishbone bushes they advised that i first change the bushes and then bring the car back for adjustment.  

Nice to find a local friendly garage thats happy to work on westfields and non standard cars, all at a very reasonable rate . 

Cheers Alan