Westfield SE 1.9L US Built CVH for sale

McDuff

After a lot of soul searching I've finally decided to part with my Westie.  I've owned it for 3 years and had a lot of wonderful times but now I've decided to let her go    

.Arthritis in both hands doesn't help with maintenance, and I don't use it nearly as much as I used to.

Bought from a WSCC member in 2014  and came thoroughly sorted with a very fine and well behaved Ford 1.6L CVH.

Then I decided I wanted to put my own stamp on it and increase the power.   So fitted a US Built 1.9L CVH ( purchased from another WSCC member),  considerably uprated (see spec) from standard tune.

This engine has bags of torque and is very smooth in acceleration, returning 28.4  mpg when checked last year.

New seats, Facet competition fuel pump,large bore exhaust, silicone hoses, klaxon horn, new switchgear and many other detail improvements added in 2015.

Have travelled to East Anglia twice ,nearly 700 mile round trips each time, and used regularly during the summer for day long jaunts.  Never driven in rain , Always garaged .

I am selling with full MOT , current one expires next month.  I have 4 thick folders with an incredible quantity of bills,  manufacturers instructions , old MOTs  etc , A huge amount of information since the day the car was ordered in kit form.

I still have the original Ford 1.6L CVH, and the exhaust and manifold,and Haynes manual, plus quite a lot of spares inc Smiths gauges, alternators etc.

I am happy to sell with the car or separately. 

So here goes with the spec:

1990 Westield  SE  with 13000 miles on the clock (will need to confirm exact mileage ,  that's  approximate)

Comes with full weather gear, including sidescreens,

4 nearly new Japanese Toyo tyres and new Goodyear Eagle spare.

5 alloys in excellent condition with locking wheelnuts.

Facet competition fuel pump with manual cutoff switch on dashboard(Not inertia)

Bodywork very good all round with the odd small mark commensurate with age.

Standard Ford Mk9 gearbox 5 speed, full synchromesh

Mondeo 2 litre  clutch

Engine cutoff switch under dash

Bright LED all day running lights housed in main headlamps

Cigar lighter socket for sat nav etc

Stainless roll bar

4 point Willan harnesses

Fitted carpets

ENGINE:

1.9 Litre Detroit Ford CVH 4 cylinder with the following modifications:

Burton Engineering Stage 3 head

Twin Weber 40 DCOE Carbs

Ford Motor sport cam cover

Lightened flywheel

High Pressure oil pump

Vernier pulley

Kent CVH 22 cam

Forged hypereutectic  pistons

New starter motor RES 3064

Always used Mobil One Fully Synthetic Oil

Priced at £5650  not including spare engine

If interested, please contact me on 07533678177,  or johnnyukon@hotmail.com

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

BTW forgot to mention the power rating of the engine. It has not been on a rolling road, but the previous owner , a former WSCC member rated it at 160 bhp.

The engine was built in it's present form 4 years ago.  A previous area secretary of the WSCC knows the engine well and regarded it highly. I will ask him if he is willing to comment on it's performance if a future prospective owner wants me to

Decent engines. I had a CVH based on the US 1.9 block in my Ginetta and that went very well.

McDuff,

What a little cracker, you must feel gutted to loose it, someone will get an absolute bargain.

Good luck with the sale.:t-up:

Couple more photos. Included is full SE construction manuals and parts lists, all receipts and MOTs and Haynes manual for the 1.6 cvh etc

Will throw in a lot of spares free of charge if the buyer meets the full   asking price

166.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

Thankyou both for your kind comments...

John

BTW,  the photo of the dashboard was taken a couple of years ago, ..........the car was being upgraded with new engine and was in bits.

It's ready for it's new owner now

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.