MKF Engineering; any good?

Yanto

I keep seeing these ad's on ebay, and just wondered if anybody has any experience of them?

MKF Engineering Alloy Type 9 CR box

Are the ratio's good road ones? (my car has a 3,62 diff)

Is the price ok?

I must add it is far more than I would ideally want to spend on a box!

Cheers

Ian

That's the ratios I have in mine, with 3.9 diff and 15" wheels. It's pretty much perfect.

Mine is a BGH though so can't comment on the supplier.

I think MKF do boxes for a lot less than the one you linked to as well.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris, yes they do less expensive versions, i would think the premium for this one is for the alloy casing, not sure I'm prepared to pay hundreds of £s for 5kg less weight in my car, let's face it 5kg should be lost for free, off me.

Ian

Hi Ian, had my box off him this March, not had the pleasure of trying it yet as car still in bits:down: I had a heavy duty long 1st , but give him a call he'll do a deal, he even delivered mine to birmgham when he was out dropping off other boxes, cheers Andy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yanto said:

Thanks Chris, yes they do less expensive versions, i would think the premium for this one is for the alloy casing, not sure I'm prepared to pay hundreds of £s for 5kg less weight in my car, let's face it 5kg should be lost for free, off me.

Ian

Indeed! I lost around 10kg off my car since build - and the same off me - so should be super speedy now :d

• Like 1

I bought from MKF a heavy duty box with up-rated bearings,longer gears, standard boat anchor casing. Basically I collected it, fitted it and it works.   No leaks, rattles, wines, it just works.   I can't stay more.  The price was good, call Mark to get a true delivery time and if you collect he'll probably be willing to make you a deal.    I think I had to wait 3 weeks for mine.

1st gear  2.74
2nd gear 1.81
3rd gear 1.26
4th gear 1:1
5th gear 0.82

On a 3.6 diff and 195-50-15's, on the track I found it really good.   Most of my driving I find it really rewarding.    Sometimes on busy A roads I end up driving in 4th rather than 5th, but i'm used to driving a diesel so I think that's my issue not the cars.   

• Like 1