Huge thank you to Adam at CleaR Motorsport

Greggs

Adam at CleaR Motorsport set my car up last week, yesterday was the first chance i had for a quick blat, the car felt very planted and a vast improvement. Trackday at Blyton tomorrow to give it a real test, but feeling very confident. 

Adam was more than happy to explain exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it. He even looked at some other issue i had with the car...(got 70mm of travel on the throttle pedal now Adam)

i would definitely recommend Adam and CleaR Motorsport to anyone needing their car setting up... fantastic service, very knowledgable and a nice fella too.

thanks again Adam, will sort some trackday tutition soon...

Cheers Greggs...

• Like 2

Seems everyone gets a consistent, excellent service @ Clear!

How was the track day?

Thanks for your kind words Lee - really glad you could feel the difference on the road. Also very keen to see what you thought on track :t-up:

Cheers again!
Adam

The Track Day.... literally a day of 2 halves.. the car handling was excellent... when the car was running in the morning, could only do 2-3 laps as the engine started to splutter.. as soon as i came off the track it run fine.. at lunchtime i noticed the low pressure fuel pump sounded different to it normal drone... back out on track after lunch and it spluttered lost power and stalled.. Bob and his tow of shame van bought me back to the pits... car then wouldnt start at all.. didn't notice until today that the fuel pump is not running at all. So hopefully thats all it is.

that said the car felt very settled and confident in the corners, cant wait to see what its like with warm tyres!!!

Cheers Lee...

Exactly the same problem as I had last week, fuel pump died.   Was that Bob of Javelin who towed you?

Yep it was javelin Bob that came to the rescue. 

The most annoying thing is i bought a facet pump ages ago, but didnt fit it as the original pump was working!!!!

The pump that failed on my car was a cheap £20 Chinese motorcycle pump, lasted about 100 miles and now toast.  Gone back to my original Facet and it's fine.

Sounds like a slightly frustrating day, but I guess now you know it'll be sorted for next time! Glad you liked how the car handles now - as I said at the time, if you'd like to ask anything more in the future just give me a shout :t-up:

Facet pump now in and she is running sweetly now... in fact better than it has for ages... so I guess the pump has been on its way out for a while and then finally gave up at Blyton.

Looking forward to the next trackday... may do croft...I totalled a bike are croft... so time to put that demon to bed I reckon..