Hothatch01

thanks, I am super happy with it, and its helpful that a friend of mine likes photography so iv got him to thank for the photos, I am having a small issue with my digidash that I have just put in the relevant section I think, so if anyone is feeling uber helpful your reply will be greatly appreciated.

On 4/15/2017 at 21:08, Hothatch01 said:

Good evening, I'm a new member in the Somerset area and I've just purchased my first Westfield. Looking forward to many years of fun and looking forward to finding out a lot more ablation the community.

:ww: I do hope you can make it to Stoneleigh it will be a fantastic show, and then of course we have the Silverstone Classic.

Was about to guess st a Vauxhall C20XE as it looks like a Simpsons exhaust system for one, then I spotted the poster has put his car details below his profile, and sure enough, it's a Vauxhall C20XE "red-top".

If knowledge is power you "gadgetman" must be a very powerful person. It is indeed a c20xe, and in fact if you can tell me anything else about it it would be much appreciated, is just been flicking through some quite hefty receipts from SBD Motorsport and can see it has been fitted with a dry sump kit, Jenvy throttle bodies, uprated clutch, and a host of other parts that I don't even know what the are. But any other info that you can tell me, like exhaust etc etc would be great. I'll try and upload an engine bay pick as well. 

IMG_0002.PNG

:ww: to another redtop owner.   If you scan the SBD parts lists and post them up we'll tell what they do.      Car looks great and will make a good trackday car.

:ww:

The car and the pics look great! As Bernie says it looks like it would be brilliant track day car in addition to an awesome road car :yes: 

I am hoping to get it on a track probably next year, want to get a few miles under my belt in it before I start tracking or hill climbing it. My next job though is to take it to my local weigh bridge as it's only £10. I'm intrested to know what it weighs as I get the impression there can be huge differences between cars.

46 minutes ago, Hothatch01 said:

I am hoping to get it on a track probably next year, want to get a few miles under my belt in it before I start tracking or hill climbing it. My next job though is to take it to my local weigh bridge as it's only £10. I'm intrested to know what it weighs as I get the impression there can be huge differences between cars.

Ill be honest I don't think you can learn too much on the road.. I've had not had mine long and never drove anything like it before. Having only had fast tin tops.

I did not really get comfortable with my car until I did a trackday as i did not know what it could do, or was going to do.  You can learn so much more on a track.

I'm much happier with it now. Not that I drive it crazy on the road or anything but i have an idea of the limits.

They are also a right laugh in a Westfield so it's win win. Get one booked!

• Like 1

Welcome to the club from the North London members

:ww: